I'm so happy right now I feel like i can fly

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Two veryawesome things happened to me today.

First and most importantly, I have a girlfriend now! I'm elated! This is my first "official" girlfriend in nearly 2 years now. Shes so beautiful and amazing I can't help but see how she'd like a guy like me....just wow. I'm so happy I can't even describe it. I'm speechless. My heart jumps just thinking about her. :)

Secondly, I auditioned an old friend on guitar who I havent really kept up with over the years. He is freakishly good at guitar. I'd say hes ALOT better than me, talent-wise. Me and him worked on a song I had once wrote, and he added a most wicked solo to it. Hes in the band for sure. Cool guy too.

It's a good day for me. I wish I could bottle this feeling. :)
  2. Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Rock on! Tell the world about her! Everything, we want pics, and a biography (typed, double-spaced). We'll also need credit card numbers, social security numbers, etc.

You can. It's called...invisible cola. Mmmm, invisible cola....

:eek: :p
  3. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    congrats on your great day...let's go for a great week!!(make that a year! or ten!)

girl and a band...can't get much better:D
  4. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Treasure that feeling man!

Cuz when I get those, they last a few hours then come crashing down and I feel miserable.

No, I dont do pot.
  5. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Congradulations! Maybe someday I will be coming on w/the same news....sorta:meh: :D

I hope it keeps up.:p
  6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I can't stop this feeling,,,,
    Deep inside of me......
    Girl you just don't realize
    What you do to me.;)

Don't you love times like this dude?
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Now you know what you gotta tell your girl? :D

"baby, I want to put you in a jar of formaldehyde and Keep you forever"

8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Time for a new Talkbass user name..........."jrthebassguy" won't do any longer......BECAUSE NOW YOU GOT GAME!!!!

9. Oh man, boy do I. :)

Thanks for all your comments folks. I appreciate them all :D

And Rick....I've been wanting a name change for a long time now...I hate my user handle. hehe. :)
  10. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Darn it! I thought this thread was going to be about P.O.D.
    Seriously, a new girl and a new band member/ band coming together...You gots what I'm still looking for man, enjoy.
  11. maybe you can:eek:
  12. Booo...
    I have neither.

Right now I'm jamming with a guitarist on my floor who's freakishly good with an acoustic guitar, writes some very tasty music. I'd like to see what he can do on an electric...but we don't have a band going just yet. We've been talking about it, but we need at least a drummer, and probably a singer as well.

I'm jealous.

As for flying, though, I think this is about as close as you'll get while still on this planet. :p
  13. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Go for it my friend - I'm sure you will come up with a very cool name that will make me envious.