1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

I'm so happy right now I feel like i can fly

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Two veryawesome things happened to me today.

First and most importantly, I have a girlfriend now! I'm elated! This is my first "official" girlfriend in nearly 2 years now. Shes so beautiful and amazing I can't help but see how she'd like a guy like me....just wow. I'm so happy I can't even describe it. I'm speechless. My heart jumps just thinking about her. :)

Secondly, I auditioned an old friend on guitar who I havent really kept up with over the years. He is freakishly good at guitar. I'd say hes ALOT better than me, talent-wise. Me and him worked on a song I had once wrote, and he added a most wicked solo to it. Hes in the band for sure. Cool guy too.

It's a good day for me. I wish I could bottle this feeling. :)

2. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Rock on! Tell the world about her! Everything, we want pics, and a biography (typed, double-spaced). We'll also need credit card numbers, social security numbers, etc.

;)

BTW,

You can. It's called...invisible cola. Mmmm, invisible cola....

:eek: :p

3. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    congrats on your great day...let's go for a great week!!(make that a year! or ten!)

girl and a band...can't get much better:D

4. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Treasure that feeling man!

Cuz when I get those, they last a few hours then come crashing down and I feel miserable.

No, I dont do pot.

5. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Congradulations! Maybe someday I will be coming on w/the same news....sorta:meh: :D

I hope it keeps up.:p

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I can't stop this feeling,,,,
    Deep inside of me......
    Girl you just don't realize
    What you do to me.;)

Don't you love times like this dude?

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Now you know what you gotta tell your girl? :D

"baby, I want to put you in a jar of formaldehyde and Keep you forever"

yeah:cool:

8. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Time for a new Talkbass user name..........."jrthebassguy" won't do any longer......BECAUSE NOW YOU GOT GAME!!!!

9. Oh man, boy do I. :)

Thanks for all your comments folks. I appreciate them all :D

And Rick....I've been wanting a name change for a long time now...I hate my user handle. hehe. :)

10. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Darn it! I thought this thread was going to be about P.O.D.
    ;)
    Seriously, a new girl and a new band member/ band coming together...You gots what I'm still looking for man, enjoy.

11. maybe you can:eek:

12. Booo...
    I have neither.

Right now I'm jamming with a guitarist on my floor who's freakishly good with an acoustic guitar, writes some very tasty music. I'd like to see what he can do on an electric...but we don't have a band going just yet. We've been talking about it, but we need at least a drummer, and probably a singer as well.

I'm jealous.

As for flying, though, I think this is about as close as you'll get while still on this planet. :p

13. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Go for it my friend - I'm sure you will come up with a very cool name that will make me envious.