Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm so happy!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by APF, Oct 14, 2004.

1. APF

APF

Jul 14, 2004
    I just wanted to spread the joy!

I've been in the market for a good solid bass amp with good "blow your pants off" power, but without the "blow your pants off" price. As most of you know, it's hard to find a quality high powered amp for cheap. Or is it?

Yesterday I was at a friend's house rehearsing for an upcoming gig. As I was playing, i noticed (what looked to be) a large amp covered in plastic wrap sitting in the corner of the room with a lamp and some books piled on top of it. I asked my friend about it, and it turns out it was his father's bass amp that was no longer played. I spoke to his dad about the amp, and he told me he'd sell it to me for $250CDN because he doesn't play it anymore so it just sits there taking up space. He didn't know the model of the amp so we ended up clearing off the books and uncovering the plastic........*gasp*

I now have a Yorkville BM400 sitting on my bedroom floor!

Moral of this story: Better look twice at that night table in the corner...cause it's probably a bass amp! :)

2. Congratulations, it's great when it works out like that!

Matthew

3. What is the BM400? How old? Tube? Details please.

Way to go on the scrore, enjoy.

4. APF

APF

Jul 14, 2004
    it's a simple amp. One 15", 400 watts, over 725 Watts clean burst power, 10 band graphic EQ, switchable limiter, Countour, 2 post effects line out jacks...no tube though...weighs about 80Ibs.

5. WOW... YOUR VERY, VERY, VERy, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY LUCKY!!!

DANG!

I payed $450 for a peavey tnt combo... and damn... you got a yorkvill 400 for only $250!?!?!?!

:bawl: why cant i find something like that :(