1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Im so tired of my EMGs

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassbelow, Apr 3, 2013.

1. bassbelow

bassbelow

Apr 3, 2013
    my first post let me know if im in the right spot. But im so tired of my EMGs on my Schecter Stiletto Custom 4. I've been thinking about completely redoing the guitar. if i didn't have such a strong emotional connection i would just trade it. I had a G&L L2000 and absolutely loved the tone, so I was thinking about putting the G&L mfd pickups on it. Except i don't know if they'll fit on my guitar. Can anyone give me some insight on if they might fit, and if not some suggestions on what i could get.

2. JLS

JLS

Sep 12, 2008
    Emeryville, Ca
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    A router, if they don't.

3. bassbelow

bassbelow

Apr 3, 2013
    true but what about string spacing and all of that. Im thinking of just getting one for it, and then making a pick guard for it. I've never done anything like this and i just want to cover my bases before blowing money and carving out my guitar

4. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead! Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Talk to SGD Lutherie, that guy can work some miracles if you're patient. He does customs and also a crapload of standard-size pickups that will fit in darn near anything.

http://www.sgd-lutherie.com/pages/pickups.html

David also happens to be a member here as well. SGD Lutherie is his screen name.

5. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I convert 4 string Rickenbackers to 5 string basses.
    Part of the problem with Schecter is the crappy 2 band preamp.

6. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    This. Also, it has the HZ's, which have a natural scoop to them. I'd recommend tossing in something like an OBP-3 first and foremost.