Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

IM SOOOOOO SPOILED!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stupidnick, May 21, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    IM SOOOOOOO SPOILED
    well every year my parents get me something for passing this year for 10th grade
    and my mom kinda let something slip that my dad might get me that Cort artisan b4fl fretless that i really have bad GAS about *drools*
    this is not a for shure thing but i played it saturday at mars and found it so incredible easy to play
    well this will be my first fretless
    I sold my p bass this past week.. and so all i have is my yamaha rbx series bass.. but im buying the boss gt-6b sometime in the next month when i go up to mars =D
    I cant wait!!!! EEP!

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    WOW!!! You passed the 10th grade with out the knowing how to use periods, commas, & where to put capitals?!?!? :D:p

Congrats, but I think I'm the most spoiled on TB. My wife lets me buy a bass a month. LOL:)

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    no, Nino - i got you beat. i buy at least one a week, of course, theyre for resale.. but.- :D

4. craigers2

craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    Cleveland
    i actually made a deal with my new wife (of only one month) that i'm allowed to buy one new bass every year. i thought that was a good deal, but now i'll have to have her talk to Nino's wife.

5. ROTFLMYAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Nino!

6. Georgia

Georgia

Aug 29, 2000
    London baby !
    Bah, kids today. In my day we had to walk through the snow and rain and blistering heat for miles and miles to the nearest general store. When we got there, if we were lucky they would have one Fender flatwound string. Just one mind, with 25 of us kiddies wanting it. And we would have to work for it mind ! In the snow and rain and cold, shoveling uh, poop for hours at a time to pay for that one string.
    You don't know how lucky you have it these days !

Uh, sorry, typo. I meant uh, congrats on passing 10th grade ! Enjoy your bass !

7. I have to give credit to Nick.

The three hardest years of my life were 10th grade. ;)

8. Lucky guy, I'd usually finish with a 90% average and my parents would say "hmm, good job". I probably would've been punished if I finished with 75%. I guess they must have figured since I didn't work hard at all to get 90%, I probably could have got a 95% if I tried harder.

9. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Every year your parents get you something for passing tenth grade? How many times have you passed tenth grade? Why are you telling us this? It's bad enough that I have to look out my windows every day and see some of the cars that kids get to own and/or drive these days! When I was 16, I had a $600 Plymouth Horizon -- some of these kids now are driving brand new Camaros, convertable Plymouth Sebrings, Chrysler 300Ms and brand new Volkswagons! Where are the Tempos, Horizons, Chevettes and Rabbits of yesteryear? My kid almost cried when I joked that when she turned 16, I would be giving her my beat-to-hell Buick Somerset with the spray-bomb exterior and the red tape brake lights!

Sorry about the vent. I hope I didn't get any on you!

10. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    HAHAHA.. its okay man... dont worry.. honestly i dont even have a car..... im a big loser.. lol im lazy as hell too... but at least you had one hategear..
    lol we found the bass for 200 and im pitching in some of the money.. so its not totally totally free for me anyways =D
    but it was on clearance with bart pickups in it.. and i played it and fell in love... i think it was a refurb
    but yeah i feel your pain about cars
    when my girl turns 16 her dads buying her a 97 eclispe ... so figuring me she'll prolly pick me up at my house lol...
    but i feel your pain man
    this is the first time ive passed 10th grade.. last year i passed 9th grade lol
    I got some drums though cause i made straight A's..
    I had no social life.. now i do and its down to b's and c's and a's
    ---------
    Hey yall cant yalll tell im frum dah south? yeehaw..
    lol

11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i am so spoiled
    i just got my sixth bass in 8 months!!!
    i just got a spector (i payed for my own)
    and my parents are buying me a mid 70's kramer
    (i am paying $100 of it)
    everyone at school is mad at me for getting a new bass!!

steve

12. My parents were the same way. Except they didn't figure I didn't work hard, they knew I didn't. The whole never doing homework thing kind of gave it away. I got my 90s, and a couple of my friends got their 80s. I got squat, and one of them got $200 for each A or something stupid like that. Oh well, I am somewhat laughing at them now. I know the value of money, and he complains about getting a job while he is at university. So he didn't and his parents pay for everything. I am worried what will happen when he finishes university. I hope he'll figure it out, but I have this feeling.

I wonder if my parents think I have to work hard now to get my grades. I hope they do. I need a vacation.;)

Geoff

13. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    You better be getting straight A's if your getting a new bass for passing a grade, yeesh. I'm supposed to get $100 for getting A's in my mandatory classes (english, math, etc.) but I still haven't seen a single penny for that. :( My parents won't even buy me a new bass PERIOD. I was lucky enough to get my dad to get me a car and pay for the insurance. I just got it too. It's a 1992 Ford Explorer, a beater in a sence. :)

Hategear: The $600 car really doesn't exist anymore. It's more like $1000 for a beater. Atleast thats the way it is around my area.

14. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ya my parents are the same way.
    i told them that i my lowest grade this semester is a b
    and they say good that is how it should be then i get this lecture from them telling for me to do better!
    that is only because my teachers always call and say that i am not doing my homework. and that i should have an A no problem which i haven't all this year and i haven't failed a class so hey!
    and then my teacher wants to recomend me for AP classes and i am like hell no!!!!
    why do that when i can be here with my friends and then i would have to work harder for the same grade!. well then why don't you take honor classes?,she asks. because the classes are just more book work!
    huf *looks around*
    ok needed to vent off
    thanks everyone!!!

steve

15. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly

:rolleyes:
    Personally, I would take that AP recommendation as a compliment and a challenge.

Do you plan on going to college? Many colleges accept AP test scores and you can place out of required courses. I placed out of foreign languages, science, and English simply by taking those AP classes in high school. That way I had more time to study what I wanted in college ... as opposed to what the college wanted me to study.

At my high school, the AP courses were usually taught by better teachers than the regular courses. That was another big incentive for me -- having the right teacher can make a huge difference in how much you enjoy a subject.

YMMV.

16. Way to go, Nick. Just don't let your parents read your post because they may be shocked that you passed english class and will probably retract their offer for the bass.
    Actually, in all seriousness, enjoy these gifts while you can.

17. I figure I'm not too spoiled. As one of the youngins who relies on their parents, I got my Squier Affinity P-Bass as my Xmas present, and the most spoiled thing thats happened is my mom has loaned me 170 bucks to get a non-POS amp, but I'm paying back 200 when my first summer paycheck hits.

In other news, to you folks buying lots of basses, howsabout giving me one? :)

18. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hey man
    yeah for xmas i got my yamaha rbx
    it was 150 and i already had an amp cause i have electronic drums that i bought with last years job (v drums! =D) and that took 6 months straight with the amp included so i use that..
    so i had to pay 90 and they payed 60 plus i got a distortion pedal too cause i wanted to sound alot like lemmy =D

19. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    hehe, I'm spoiled too... my parents are paying for half of my G&L ($1400)... though it was for nothing, I was going to pay all ( I do have a job) but they offered to do so :D

20. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i would like to take ap classes but the test are soo hard!!
    the latin (my language course) AP test
    in 10 years! only two people have past it!!!!

steve