I'm sorry, I know I am not supposed to... but...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4x4Given, Feb 15, 2006.

1. 4x4Given

Jul 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Since I am not a supporting member (yet), I am not able to post in the for sale area. Bummer. I just can't let you guys not know about this. I'm thinking this is a pretty decent deal.

Moderators, feel free to shoot me. I consider it a sacrifice for the interest of others. ;)

Anyway, here it is (not mine):

G&L SB 1 Bass - $175
    1978 G&L Model SB-1 (Precision) Bass Guitar Sunburst, With Maple Neck
    Reply to: sale-134033722@craigslist.org
    Date: 2006-02-15, 12:15AM CST

(again, this is not mine and I am not able to post in the for sale area. I haven't abused this policy before and it's not likely I'll do it again, since I will be a supporting member soon).

2. I think that as long as you're not connected to the sale, you're allowed to post ebay and craiglist links to great deals - so you should be fine ;)
  3. Maldoror

Oct 8, 2005
    Killer deal, if the bass is in decent condition. Just mailed the seller. Many thanks for the heads up...!
  4. 4x4Given

Jul 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Well, I hope it works out. No, I'm definitely not connected, but I love bass(es) and this site. I'm just poor. (really poor) and I would rather see someone else score when I can't.

I live in Austin and have a python script that "watches" the "free" and "musical instruments" sections of the Austin Craigs List and then sends it to my Blackberry.

I keep hoping I'll get lucky and find a (CHEAP) drum machine or metronome for use when practicing. I'm working very hard right now on grooves and timing (Using Ed Friedlands book, "Bass Grooves") with 3 other bassists.

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    G&L's were not around in 78
  6. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
  7. 4x4Given

Jul 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    You are correct! Research shows the first one was built in early 1980. I posted a reply to the ad on Craigs List concerning that fact and suggested that the owner correct the date issue.