Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm sorry if I offeneded anyone

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Skips, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Skips

Skips

Feb 19, 2003
    Hi talk bass. I'm from Harmony-central Bass Forum. I someone posted a link to your site this morning about the kitten killing pic, which circulated around HCBF last year. Last year, a bunch of us modified the pic in Photoshop and made jokes about it. Today, when I saw the link to your site, it reminded me about that, and I thought I'd keep the joke up and made another parody pic, and posted it on HCBF. It was just a joke. I posted it, someone asked if they should post it here, I said okay, not thinking much about it, and then I left to go to class and eat dinner. 3 hours later I came back, and discovered that some people seemed to be very upset about it. It was just a joke, and I don't know any details about what happened here, but I don't want you to think that I have or HCBF has anything against you guys. I've never even been here before. I knew HCBF would find it amusing, so I made it for them.
    Sorry if that upset anyone.
    -Skippii

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Hi.. dunno the link...

and its the wrong forum.. you should've posted it on Off Topic

DM

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Hey Skippii, your picture is funny, if you posted it as a goof in off topic, I'm sure it would have been well received.

The little idiot that trolled it was the issue.

:bassist:

4. Hey speddling, could you PM me and tell me WTH went on? And who was responsible?

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I wanna see the pic so I can know whether to be offended. Link?

6. Skips

Skips

Feb 19, 2003
  7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    What a bunch of toads....now I know why I haven't been to that board ANY before now. I personally liked the "stupider" comment, at that rate....the guy doesn't have much to spare. I agree the "moderator" photoshop work was a bit much.

8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Well that sorta thing shouldn't really bother anyone. If their conversation is anything like that thread I don't think they have the right (or should I say I cant believe they have the balls) to say that talkbass is full of "losers" and dumb people. To each their own.

9. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Why are we starting to say anti-HCBF things now? I say we make peace between TB and HCBF... and then, using our combined might, we take out Tabcrawler! :bassist:

Just a joke anyway, and I actually thought it was pretty funny!

BTW welcome Skippii - stick around, you may like things here!

10. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Hmm.. I never knew there was a rivalry between TB an HCBF... Probably not much of one.. just a few people flamming.. oh well...

11. I agree with thrash_jazz.

I'm one of three moderators over on HCBF - and the guy who trolled here yesterday caught a fair amount of hell over on HC for doing it.

TB and HCBF meet some of the same needs but differ in many others. There's plenty of room in the bass community for more than one bass forum.

12. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    NO WAY DUDE, THIS IS WAR!! :mad:

13. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    The part that ticked me off was the use of my avatar by Skippi in the picture. That's like a personal insult.

14. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    They should have put something better than those basses..

like Jt's Double neck! muhahahahahahahaha

jk :D dont hurt me john. pleeeeeeeeease! Your alot bigger man that i am. And I have a wife and family! and kids. Well okay.. maybe not.. *holds up a picture of my dog and cat* WELL AT LEAST I HAVE A FAMILY!

*goes and hides*

welcome to talkbass skips

15. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Ah. I must admit I didn't notice that...

Still, I highly doubt it was intended as a personal insult. I've met Skippii and he really isn't the type of person to do that sort of thing.

16. Foxy Grandpa said...

They should have put something better than those basses...

Better than a T-40? That bass hasn't been built yet.

17. Skips

Skips

Feb 19, 2003
    I'm sorry about that. I couldn't think of anything to put there, and then I noticed your avatar...it just seemed to fit well. I didn't pick yours for any specific reason. I have no problem with you at all--it wasn't supposed to be personal at all...just a joke. I'm Sorry.

18. Skips

Skips

Feb 19, 2003
    I used that because they've sort of come to symbolize HCBF.
    And I don't own a double-neck bass.;)

19. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Apology accepted. However, I'd be less than honest if I said that I didn't find it offensive. Could you please change the source doc to remove my avatar?

20. I guess I'm 'the troll'. I'm sorry guys, I dont know what to tell you, I had no clue that skippi used the guy's avatar in it. I was very sincere until people started chucking **** at me. When people apologize, you accept it and move on. Again, I'm sorry for the problems I've caused you guys, let's move on.

I'm a troll?????????