1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I'm souping up my POS

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by AHbassist, Mar 28, 2006.

1. AHbassist

AHbassist

Sep 22, 2005
    Kennesaw, GA
    I have an Epiphone Ebo, with one noisey HB. I'm thinking about adding an MM pickup but I don't know if theres a way to do it. I'm thinking about drilling a pilot hole close to the bridge that will overlap the hole to the pickup wire, sauder, then connect to the original HB.

Therefore, the original HB will be in the same position it is now, and the MM HB will be close to the bridge.

Is this a smart idea or am I in over my head?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. It could be done by somebody competent.

No offence...but you sound like you're over your head.

Are you comfortable routing, drilling, wiring and soldering your bass?

If you need to ask such a question I wonder if you should be doing it, or seeking the services of an expert.

3. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    maybe you have a wiring problem that's making it noisey. humbuckers are designed to be quiet. have you checked it out or had a tech look at it?

4. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    I sure wouldn't start hacking on that one ... maybe get yourself an OLP "StingRay" for $200.00 and add good electronics ... If you don't like the Epi sell it on the bay.

5. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    if you dont like the sound of it you could try changing the existing electronics first