1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I'm split between Custom Shop 62 P bass and Häussel P

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JaketheB, Feb 25, 2016.

1. JaketheB

JaketheB

Dec 5, 2015
    Has anyone had experience with both of these pickups? Getting back my second ever bass from friend for like £25 and am wanting to do the electronics and put some flatwounds on it.

I'm really tempted to pick up the Haussel's as they're only around £30 more, I'd like something different and when I previously emailed the company they were super helpful over my J/MM questions (kinda wanna 'reward' them in a sort of way).

However, the Fender's are the originals - why should I get substitute that will cost more?

I'd like to hear opinions about both of these pickups, plus any others that would give a similar vintage sound (without breaking the bank)

Thank you.

2. JaketheB

JaketheB

Dec 5, 2015
    *bump for our American friends coming online

3. Hi Jake, can´t talk about the Haussel P but. But I can about Haussel pick-ups.

I had an Adamovic Saturn with Haussel single coils and the tone was fantastic, in passive mode was like a vintage jazz bass but with a more articulated note and definition. That beast was growling hard...

Now I have an Adamovic Halo with Haussel bassbars (the one in my avatar). These pick-ups are very clear, modern hi-fi and articulated. And on the bass I can switch the pick-ups individually between series / single-coil / parallel.

Haussel are top notch quality pick-ups.

Hope it helped.

4. JaketheB

JaketheB

Dec 5, 2015
    Thank you. I went for Delano in the end. Stripped out my old active system and installed a passive one.