1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

i'm stuck

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by capnsandwich, Nov 13, 2006.

1. i'm stuck between the EMG-40DC and the Bartolini CF5CBC pickups. i do believe the barts are a few bucks more but i love the sound of 'em. i need some help here. should i go ahead and get the barts for their nice punchy sound or could i get the same effect with the emg's? i'm putting them on a walnut body with a maple and walnut neck and a rosewood fretboard. plus, if anyone has ever installed both of them, please tell me which one was easier. i've never installed my own pickups before so the easier the better for me. i'm jumping in head first here.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

check the Bass Mod link in:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276127

In as much, EMG 40's show about once a month on ebay so you can get half off there. You may be dead before those particular Barts show. If you don't like the EMG's well enough, move them on down the road and take a shot at the Barts. It's a crap any way you go. You'll know what they sound like once installed.

If the bass doesn't have a preamp then you'd have to consider the added battery space. Of course no passive option with the EMG's.