I'm such an idiot!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by arvidgunardi, Dec 19, 2002.

1. I met this girl in a gig, and she's the backing vocal. So after talking to her, things are goin great, the chemistry was there etc...so after the gig i decided to ask for her no...and in Indonesian I said "Handphone kamu berapa?" Translated as...."Cellphone yours how many?" and ofcourse she answered " one ". I'm such an idiot!!!! So I left in embarassment!
  2. Man, the same exact thing happened to me on the Union Terrace once. I hate when that happens.
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Could've been worse. It could've translated to: "Please pee on me." :eek:
  4. I think that happened on the Union Terrace once too. My memory of those days is a bit fuzzy.
  5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Depends on what she's into I guess. :D
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Wait, why is this so embarassing? What did you want to ask her?
  7. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    for her phone number, not the number of phones she has.
  8. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Disagree-she's the idiot, she didn't give you the phone number.
  9. I once rang room service at a cottage-resort in the Philippines, and in my best Tagalog, declared what translated to "I would like to order the chicken-basket (etc. etc.), .... and please take your clothes off at the door before entering my cottage, and leave them in the plastic bag." :eek:

What I meant to say was "... and please take the plastic bag of clothes (laundry) that someone left at the entrance to my cottage."
  10. Wow, I'm glad I'm not alone on this one.:) Well I dont think she meant what she said...but tough luck for her! She was cute tho...

So did she take off her clothes before entering your cottage?? If that really happens, that would've been many people's fantasy you know.....
  11. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    i found out in a french lesson about 3 years ago that if you mis pronouce 'salut' (hello) as 'salood' (i think), you instead say b*stard.

Best thing was, it was in a practice for an aural exam
    "salood, j'mappelle ben, je voudrais un glace de citroen svp"
    :"B*stard, i am ben, i want a lemon ice cream please"

12. LOL!!!

Now I have to wipe my monitor dry......

Water down your nose is not a pleasant feeling!!:D :D
  13. Several years ago, I was watching an interview (don't ask why, I don't know) with the French Prime Minister Jacques Chiraq (sp?) . HE was asked about the most common type of dog in PAris and he replied 'the b*astard'. He was quickly corrected and he corrected himslef almost at the ssme time - 'the mongrel'.

I had always thought that French for b*stard was batard!!!! I didn't know that you could try to say hello and get a black eye!!!!
  14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    And that was how little NikkiG came into this world :D
  15. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Off topic, but that avatar+ the idea of it is a beauty ;) I wish I owned one :'O(
  16. The room service operator at the resort was a MAN! :eek: :eek:
  17. Ahh....:eek: I didn't know that you're into that kind of.....

Well anyways, to get the follow up on the whole dating scene for me, I had a GREAT date today with a different girl .....too bad for that "1" cell phone girl.
  18. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Thanks. I'm assuming you're talking about the Conklin avatar and not the short-lived avatar of me in the badly-drawn santa hat. If so, I can be had for $23.47 and a pint of Jagermeister ;)
  19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    kita mau makan sepurti babi hutan.