i'm super duper happy with myself (finished projects)!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FLOYDtheBARBER, Sep 20, 2003.

1. this past week i've completed, in full, the two guitar projects that i've been working on.
    the first is a fretless strat, which i posted pics of before. the body shape was a CT-knockoff; now it's very different. the shape is inspired by tim kasher (of Cursive)'s guitar. you can kinda see it on the far right of this pic.
    [​IMG]
    i painted the guitar white, did a cool paintjob on the pickguard, fixed up the electronics, and re-assembled it.
    the second project is a semi-fretless guitar. my friend jeff gave me his ibanez (it's one of those really round looking non-korn ibanezes) and told me to go nuts. after the 12th fret, it's fretless. i cut an armrest into the top of the body, since the shape wasn't very comfortable. then i gutted the electronics, wired the pickups straight to the jack, and installed a DOD distortion pedal directly into the body of the guitar.
    hurray! they both sound pretty dang nice, too (for guitars:p)

2. here's a really bad before/after thing i did quick in photoshop.
    it kinda shows how the fretlkess looks now (i'll try to take pics tomorrow or soon.)

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You cut off its scrotum, for Pete's sake!

[​IMG]

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Oi! Didn't your momma tell you not to hang around that Wishy-fella? :mad:

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    How about an Iowa-class battleship? It weighs over 114 million pounds. And who the hell is Saul Williams?

Iowa-class Battleship

[​IMG]

7. I could have sworn that the Iowa class was only 90 million pounds. Oh wait, that's empty, my bad.

Anyhoo, I'm glad you finished your projects. I hpe they serve you well. Or poorly, whichever you prefer.

8. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    that pickguard is bootyful, i would do that to mine, but i think it would look crap on my vintage sunburst strat

9. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I'm currently working on a fretless flying v electric ukulele. Its gonna be pretty sweet.

10. here's some pics

11. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    goddamnit! where is the nice pickguard?