Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i'm super duper happy with myself (finished projects)!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FLOYDtheBARBER, Sep 20, 2003.

1. this past week i've completed, in full, the two guitar projects that i've been working on.
    the first is a fretless strat, which i posted pics of before. the body shape was a CT-knockoff; now it's very different. the shape is inspired by tim kasher (of Cursive)'s guitar. you can kinda see it on the far right of this pic.
    [​IMG]
    i painted the guitar white, did a cool paintjob on the pickguard, fixed up the electronics, and re-assembled it.
    the second project is a semi-fretless guitar. my friend jeff gave me his ibanez (it's one of those really round looking non-korn ibanezes) and told me to go nuts. after the 12th fret, it's fretless. i cut an armrest into the top of the body, since the shape wasn't very comfortable. then i gutted the electronics, wired the pickups straight to the jack, and installed a DOD distortion pedal directly into the body of the guitar.
    hurray! they both sound pretty dang nice, too (for guitars:p)

2. here's a really bad before/after thing i did quick in photoshop.
    it kinda shows how the fretlkess looks now (i'll try to take pics tomorrow or soon.)

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You cut off its scrotum, for Pete's sake!

[​IMG]

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Oi! Didn't your momma tell you not to hang around that Wishy-fella? :mad:

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    How about an Iowa-class battleship? It weighs over 114 million pounds. And who the hell is Saul Williams?

Iowa-class Battleship

[​IMG]

7. I could have sworn that the Iowa class was only 90 million pounds. Oh wait, that's empty, my bad.

Anyhoo, I'm glad you finished your projects. I hpe they serve you well. Or poorly, whichever you prefer.

8. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    that pickguard is bootyful, i would do that to mine, but i think it would look crap on my vintage sunburst strat

9. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I'm currently working on a fretless flying v electric ukulele. Its gonna be pretty sweet.

10. here's some pics

11. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    goddamnit! where is the nice pickguard?