Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm surprizingly happy this year...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by haujobb, Dec 27, 2004.

1. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    I just need to post this, cuz all my friends would hit me for what I'm about to say:

Usually I spend my Christmas holidays fighting off a round of depression, been like that for as long as I can remember, but this year has been pleasantly different.

Last Saturday, the 18th, I broke it off with my girlfriend of jsut over a year, didn't effect me too much, didn't have any feelings there anyways. So anyways, the next night my band does a show at one of the local clubs and afterwards I spend the night talking to a few people in a car outside.

Something amazing happened that night, in that car I talked to a girl name Crystal for at least a couple hours and before the night was done we had kissed. I couldn't beleive that I was doing this so soon after breaking up with another girl. Anyways, back to what I said in the beginning, I'm unusually happy right now and I can't find any reason to be sad because of her.

So we've hung out a few times since Sunday, including tonight, and I just have so much fun with her, I haven't felt this way in a long time.

So yeah, I'm sorry if that was extremely lame, but I figured that you guys are less likely to call me a pansy than my friends :p

2. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Congrats, man. :) I hope everything works out. Happy Holidays.

3. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Not lame at all, and you need to find new friends if you can't talk to the ones you have :meh:

EDIT: Forgot to add the most important part---Congrats!!!!! :) :hyper:

4. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    Very cool :) Congradulations on the happiness

5. awesome. good way to start next year!

6. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I hear you on the depression thing. Been that way for me since I was a kid. Probably a big reason why I've spent the last 2 days fighting online with Ty McNeely (sp?). This year was more of the same, I really wish we could just skip christmas. But I have kids now, so I take my holiday pleasure (in there is any) in trying to make their day special. I bought my kid a Fender Champ & a flame topped Squier Strat for christmas. He's been bugging me for 6 mths straight, so he must be serious. Anyway, good for you on your recent good fortune. I hope it all works out for you.