I'm the new vocalist in an established band.

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by HARDTELLINBAND, Jul 21, 2018.

1. HARDTELLINBAND

HARDTELLINBAND

Jul 21, 2018
    I don't post to many forums. This seems like an encouraging place to start. People seem welcoming.

As my title says, I'm in a band that has been around for awhile. I auditioned and was selected about a month or so ago. We have scrapped most of the original set list because one of the members left. We are mostly an upbeat, loud, rock band. We are trying to build a set list that wont kill me, but is full of amazing cover music.

If anyone has ideas for me. I found the thread for suggestions and will be going through those and make suggestions to the rest of the band. My voice has a strong mid-range and decent head voice. Right now we are working on some Beth Hart, Sass Jordan and some others. So far, Janis Joplin is the only one really off the table. (Sorry to those who are fans.)

hrodbert696 likes this.
  2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I don't know what decent head voice means.

3. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome!

As opposed to chest voice. Like falsetto.

4. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Welcome!
    It's been my experience (sometimes bad, sometimes good) that the vocalist dictates the song choices...if you can't sing a song with confidence and feeling, it won't work.
    Obviously as you won the audition the rest of the band acknowledge you've got the voice for the gig, so that's a great start!
    Best of luck!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021