I'm the only Las Vegan in talkbass.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Sep 10, 2001.

1. I think I'm the only one here from Las Vegas, NV. Oh by the way Vegas is nice place to visit but you don't want to live here.
  2. There was a point in time when I thought I was the only Hong Konger in TalkBass, but then someone else posted something somewhere and mentioned that he was from Hong Kong.

So...if there's more than 1 person from Hong Kong on TalkBass, I'm sure there're more Las Vegans. :D
  3. I didn't think there would be many people from Melbourne in here, but it turns out there are quite a few.
    To tell the truth, I wasn't expecting many Australians in general.
    Actually Bill Clinton is in Melbourne at the moment, I just thought I'd mention that just because I think that for a president he was pretty cool

'Pardon mister President, you want me to do what?'
  4. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    So Bigfeet,
    Does a Las Vegan drink milk and eat eggs, or are you a pure vegetarian? :)
  5. ASR

Apr 2, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Since you live there, maybe you can clear up this question that has been plaguing me for decades now. Why is Los Angeles spelled with an "o" in Los, but Las Vegas is spelled with an "a" in Las? Makes no sense to me...
  6. MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    I thought eating preferences should be in "Off Topic". I'm sure there are some vegetarians there, but I don't know how many vegans are around.

- Mike
  7. The Las Vegan diets;
    62% vedgo (strippers, health fanatics, models...)
    31% reg (me and others)
    7% other (we have some great freak shows)

In Spanish Las in feminine, Los is masculane (I think).
  8. My family was just out there last week. Stayed at the Circus-circus and complained about traffic getting around the strip. I suppose Vegas is ok to live in, as long as you're not in or around the tourist area. Mind you, I haven't been there since '87 (a buddy of mine and I used to ride out there from L.A. on our motorcycles), but I don't remember traffic being too bad then.
  9. Las Vegas is as bad as L.A. in many cases gang activity, violence, theft,... Allot has changed scence '87 people migrate here work constantly and flood the job market making it hard to find work here, drugs everywhere, underaged drinking (that's my favorite), too hot and dry the average temperature here in the summer is 115°... I could go on for hours.
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

As Bigfeet said, in Spanish, nouns and pronouns are usually either masculine or feminine.

Los Angeles means The Angels in English. Angeles is a masculine noun, and the definite article(or whatever the part of speech is called in Spanish) for masculine nouns and pronouns is El for singular, and Los for plural.

I don't know what Las Vegas means, besides poorly made GM cars from the 70's:)p), but Vegas is a feminine noun, and the definite article for those is La for singular, and Las for plural.

Today's Spanish lesson was brought to you by Talkbass.com.

Send in that $20. Become a Supporting Member today!;)
  11. The Meadows
  12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  13. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I can't believe that I'm not the only Wisconsinite on TalkBass -- cry-eye!
  14. Vegas = Meadows ?
    Try as I might, I can't seem to conjure up images of peaceful, green, rolling meadows when I think of Las Vegas.
  15. Vegas used to be nice a beutiful valley but then the setlers brought the weeds from Russia and the toxins came in, the Government used Las Vegas' open lands for Nuke testing. We got really messed up :(.