Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm the proud owner of a 70s SVT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jgrotto, Mar 9, 2006.

1. jgrotto

jgrotto

Nov 29, 2005
    Boston
    Between the crushing and debilitating feeling of being utterly broke and the knowledge that I will soon die of starvation, I'm elated at finding a phenomenal looking 70s black line (76-79ish) SVT at a great price.

Check it out here (I know it says the auction closed at $1500 with Buy It Now, but via arrangements with the seller, I only paid $1200!):
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=7396859034

Not only is it a great looking amp for a decent price, but the seller lives less than an hour away- saving me a chunck of change and a bundle of nerves on shipping.

A buncha talkbassers have been way helpful in the decision making process. So, thanks for that. I'd also like to thank my parents and my agent. And of course, I'd like to thank myself for forsaking my financial and anatomical health in favor of volume and tubes.

2. braun-jovi

braun-jovi

Mar 25, 2004
    Evansville, IN
    Congradulations, that's an awesome amp.

3. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    Sweet! Hope it doesnt blow up :D

BTW, i talked to Riggs today, thx for getting me back in touch.

4. jgrotto

jgrotto

Nov 29, 2005
    Boston
    Yeah. Thanks for the vote of confidence... I'm fully ready for the explosion... be it tubes or rock. (I just e-mailed you, too.)