1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I'm thinking I should go the power amp route...HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dray, Mar 13, 2008.

1. dray

dray

Dec 21, 2006
    So I've come to the conclusion that I need to ditch my SVT3 Pro and get a power amp for the following reasons:

- When I run my Sansamp RBI through the "preamp out" on the back of the SVT3 Pro, it disables the built-in preamp of the SVT, which is a bummer because I'd like to blend the two.

- If I run the Sansamp through the effects loop of the SVT, the preamp on the SVT and the preamp on the Sansamp would be fighting each other and I wouldn't be able to get a true "blend" feature.

- It'd be dumb to run the Sansamp RBI rackmount as a pedal because I'd be spending like $100 more just to put it in my rack when the pedal does the same thing.

Anyone know how to run the Sansamp as a true preamp (not as a pedal or effect) in order to be able to blend the tone from the SVT with the Sansamp like it should be?

If this isn't possible, then what would some nice power amps I should look into? I'm running an Ampeg 8x10 cab, Fender Jazz Deluxe, and hopefully the Sansamp RBI.

Any tips/hints/suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks!

- Derek

2. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    Get a two-channel mixer. Here is your signal chain:

1) Bass > Sansamp.

2) Sansamp > Parallel Output > SVT-III Pro Input > SVT Effects Send > Channel 1 of Mixer

3) Sansamp > Main Output set to Line Level > Channel 2 of Mixer

4) Main output of mixer > SVT-III Pro Effects Return

Blend the two preamps with the faders on the mixer. You can also use the mixer to output a line-level balanced signal to FOH.

3. dray

dray

Dec 21, 2006
    Hmm, that sounds pretty cool. Haven't heard of anyone running their rig like this...have you?

Also, could you point me in the direction of a good 2 channel mixer (rack mountable) that would work in the way that you're telling me?

4. dray

dray

Dec 21, 2006
    Anyone else?

5. Kennethfaria

Kennethfaria Banned

Mar 12, 2008
    do what he says, itd be pointless to use another $600+/- when you can get it done like that.