Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm tring to make a Guitar forum like Talkbass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 74rickbass, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Me and my Cousin are making a guitar forum. All the guitar forums I've been to, were filled with immature idiots. We're going to try to make it really good. Like Talkbass. We're not gonna take any crap from of those kind of members, we'll give them a warning, if they continue to be a jerk/a$$/idiot or whatever we will ban them.

The problem is, were are using a free online forum service, so there will be some pop-ups, So make sure your pop blockers are on. But its still a pretty decent thing. Its kinda like the forum software here.

I know there are some guitar players here, wanna give it a look?

Tell your guitat players if you want.

http://guitarhaven.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi

Thanks for your time

2. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Doesn't want to accept a username/password to register.

3. Wood = Basses

Wood = Basses

Jun 19, 2003
    change the colors! Im going blind from the black/grey/red color scheme! Try white/black/blue. :smug:

4. Ok, No problem, We'll try another color combo. thanks for teh contructive critism!

Edit: just changed it, what do you think?

Try again, I for some reason had to try twice too.

5. Wood = Basses

Wood = Basses

Jun 19, 2003
    Change the font color from black to white on the red parts, it would be easier to read if it was white.

6. Ok, Cool, well I cant do it now, because my cousin is the only one that can. But I'll tell him next time I can. So does anybody here actully think we have a chance to make a good board? I'm doubtfull...

7. hey this is cool...i just joined, but my name is cp on that...its a lot quicker for me to type than superbassman2000! i learned that lesson from talkbass!

hey, my first post on guitar haven sweet i am one of the first ones!

Charlie

8. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Closer to Uglybassplayer than TB but looks nice. BTW, I hate black backgrounds.

9. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I'm in! my name is Zakkwylde120.
    I need my password now.

10. well, ten minutes into my membership, and so far, so good.

i am enjoying myself on the page...i hope more people join!

Charlie

11. Wow! thanks guys!

The more people that join the better.

The forum was added to google and altivista, so it should appear there in a couple weeks.

12. Did you get the E-mail that gives you your password?? if not, try joining again.

13. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    I think I registered but I get an error about an invalid username password combination. I agreed to all the terms and conditions without reading real closely. Am I doing something wrong?

14. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Doh! Nevermind, I got the email and I'm in!