I'm watching Shania Twain on David Letterman...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DigMe, Nov 19, 2002.

1. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sweet Mary...who listens to this crap??!

And what's up with the blaze orange life jacket she's wearing....doesn't quite match Madonna's old hat from the Justify My Love video that Shania's got on. I wonder if she bought that in some charity auction of Madonna's old stuff. I'm gonna puke if she's wearing that cone bra next time I see her.

And that backup band...she has two violins that play the same thing together while doing their best Yngwie Malmstein/80's rocker impressions...holding the violins phallically between their legs and whatnot... The entire backup band looks like they're headed to an audition for the Village People...with a little Backstreet Boy thrown in.

I haven't even gotten to the music yet. The song sounds like the theme music to some failed 80's sitcom...maybe starring Eric Estrada and the guy who played Buddy on Charles in Charge. Gives me the willies.

Sorry all..just had to get that off my chest because I was so appalled. If JD Blair is playing on this tour I hope he's making a buttload of money to play this garbage.

brad cook
  2. Very humourous description. I dunno if it's "offensive" but at the very least it was pretty funny.

By the way, truth is sometimes stranger than fiction--the guy who played Buddy Lembeck plays a children's action hero called Bibleman.
  3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Brad, go back to bed man. This has to just be a bad dream...:D
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Try watching her with the sound turned off - it helps...
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Better yet, don't watch at all...
  6. I hear ya DigMe, but, IMHO, a woman that looks like this www.shania.com/pictures/photos/stpic134.jpg can get up on stage and read the ingredients off the label of a can of chunky soup and it's fine with me. :D

Yes, I am a "Shallow Hal."

Mike J.

Shania... :rolleyes:
  7. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    yeah, the music sucks, but she is hot!

8. You've missed the point.

Ferget about the band, the clothes, the song...

She's all about the booty.

She's "trying" to be the delicious country good-girl
    gone rock 'n roll bad.

9. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Mmmm, chunky soup.

10. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Actually, it doesn't even have to Chunky. If she wants to go with original kind in the red and white can that you have to mix with water, I am still game.

My wife thinks I have an unhealthy obsession with her. I wouldn't deny the obsession part, but I don't think it has compromised my health as of yet!!!

She is stunning.

11. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    MMMMMM...Hey, what's this pea doing in here?
  12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Awwwww! she's just a little country girl. Just an innocent little, front porch singin' cutie.

I'm sure she makes great pancakes, with Jimmy Dean smoked sausage.
  13. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    The bassist, Andy Cichon is a great player and a hell of a nice guy. He's from Australia, played with Rose Tattoo. He currently livesin NYC. I interviewed him for Bass Frontiers a few years back. His musicianship really impressed me. He can do it all! Add on the fact that he is just a really nice human being and I can see why Shania (and now Billy Joel) hired him.

14. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Well I hope she's paying him well then. He was the only one that didn't look like he was headed to a Village People audition.

brad cook
  15. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    All you guys that are saying how hot she is... Yeah I've seen pics too where she looks hot but did you see her last night? Did you really look at her face? She didn't look like she does in those pics. I don't base whether or not I like someone's music from their looks but I'm just sayin'....they can do anything with enough makeup.

brad cook
  16. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Anybody have the tab for "I wanna ride Shania's Twain?" Heard it on Dr. Demento.
  17. Max, Dr. Demento....Wow! is that show still around? I use to listen to that way back in the late 70's ..Infact thats how I got interested in music...I remember hearing Devo's version of Satisfaction , Pink Pussy Cat and Mongoloid, I went out and bought my first ever LP, Devo's first album..I still have it to this day..Wow! Max, does Dr. Demento ever play that song Stairway To 7-11?

18. You can't, with a straight face, tell me that the picture found at that URL is anything but a Photoshop job.
  19. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Looks like I stumbled into the weekly meeting of the "No Wimmen Allowd" club.

20. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Didn't you know "The Beverly Hillbillies" were on at at the same time?!?!

CRIPES!!! That comatose old egghead Letterman and his organ monkey Paul Schaffer (sp?) are bad enough!!! :confused: