Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm willing to give Warwick another chance

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassteban, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Being broke, this really means nothing, but I see Warwick has put out a couple of new models- w/maple necks. Having played a few (maple-neck)Streamer Stage 1's & liked them much more than Ovangkol(ancient African word for thick & poorly-sanded?), I will now officially lust after them again. You're all very welcome- I'm so sure you were wondering.

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    What? Maple neck models? You mean the Rockbass series? ;)

3. Check out bassnw.com. Go to new exotic basses(& buy me the Corvette 5- how's my power of suggestion?).

4. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Good thing that they don't make a lefty 6er version of that Hot Rod... then I'd be really tempted :meh:

5. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I also find it funny that they haven't updated the site since NAMM - there's no mention for the new models, except for the price list.

At least there are some new Custom Shop pics at http://www.warwick.de/modules/frame/frameset.php?lang=de
    which weren't there some time ago.

That Hot Rod should be really nice. Also, it has ash body and maple top, so it should be much lighter.

That Explorer-shape bass at bassnw has hollow body with ziricote top and back and maple neck - maybe they started listening to people saying their basses are a bit heavy? I would welcome that change.

6. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I usually don't care for Warwicks but those maple corvettes are hot. I saw some all-maple limited edition Thumbs for sale in Germany a while ago, those were nice, too.

7. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,

8. I've never had a good look at the carolena-bodied Warwicks(Streamer Standard, right?) & I actually like wenge as a fretboard or neck, or both. I suppose also that if Warwick were to put a little more effort into it, they could make a fine neck of ovangkol, but I have not seen one.