I'm willing to give Warwick another chance

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassteban, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Being broke, this really means nothing, but I see Warwick has put out a couple of new models- w/maple necks. Having played a few (maple-neck)Streamer Stage 1's & liked them much more than Ovangkol(ancient African word for thick & poorly-sanded?), I will now officially lust after them again. You're all very welcome- I'm so sure you were wondering.

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    What? Maple neck models? You mean the Rockbass series? ;)

3. Check out bassnw.com. Go to new exotic basses(& buy me the Corvette 5- how's my power of suggestion?).

4. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Good thing that they don't make a lefty 6er version of that Hot Rod... then I'd be really tempted :meh:

5. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I also find it funny that they haven't updated the site since NAMM - there's no mention for the new models, except for the price list.

At least there are some new Custom Shop pics at http://www.warwick.de/modules/frame/frameset.php?lang=de
    which weren't there some time ago.

That Hot Rod should be really nice. Also, it has ash body and maple top, so it should be much lighter.

That Explorer-shape bass at bassnw has hollow body with ziricote top and back and maple neck - maybe they started listening to people saying their basses are a bit heavy? I would welcome that change.

6. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I usually don't care for Warwicks but those maple corvettes are hot. I saw some all-maple limited edition Thumbs for sale in Germany a while ago, those were nice, too.

7. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,

8. I've never had a good look at the carolena-bodied Warwicks(Streamer Standard, right?) & I actually like wenge as a fretboard or neck, or both. I suppose also that if Warwick were to put a little more effort into it, they could make a fine neck of ovangkol, but I have not seen one.