1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Im writing a funk song(my first funk song) critique please

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassist 4 life, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Hey:smug: ,

So I'm working on a funk song, i play in a prog rock band and im the only funk guy. So this is what i have so far, i finished the bass solo segment.I have to add keyboards, and add guitar and key solos. I also need to fix the drums a bit too(drums at 00:55 need work).

I didnt actually record it, i used guitar pro to tab it out, it plays it as a midi.

constructive criticism only.
    http://media.putfile.com/funk-song

2. labgnat

labgnat Banned

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    if you can actually play that, then that is pretty slammin.
    only part i didn't care for much was the drums during the little bridge around 52 seconds to 105. didn't like where the snare was falling on the beat. overall tho it's very nice, oh and maybe make it a few minutes longer.

EDIT: well i guess i should have read ur post before commenting on the song, i now see you're gonna make it longer and work on the drums during the bridge
    :)

3. Thanks!

I created all the licks on my bass ,played them, fixed them, then tabbed them. That means I can play them.

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I know you just sent me a link to it, I'll have to check it out later as I don't have my headphones with me now.

5. bump

6. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    I like it. Great goove! A lot of vocal ideas just jumped right at me, so there's some good harmonies there as well.

Rune

7. Thanks!

bump

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    It was alright, nothing that really hooked me apart from that little slap break at 40-odd seconds.

9. Gegatso

Gegatso

Jan 16, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Would love to hear it with all real instruments and not MIDI. That would kick! :)

~Mark

10. Thanks for the comments guys,I'm on holiday now, so im going to record it as soon as im done with it, I'll borrow a guitar or something(dont have one), and let my drummer tweak the drums a bit and program them ona drum machine.

Yeah, it'll sound 1000 times better recorded with real insturments.