Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Image Ready Problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dumfish, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Dumfish

Dumfish

Oct 6, 2001
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    Hi

I was inspired to try making animated gifs by recent posts. I have the Image Ready software and figured out how to use it. So, I tried to make one and when I went to save it I couldn't save as a .gif, only .psd. How do I save the animation as a .gif?

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    'save optimized'

3. Dumfish

Dumfish

Oct 6, 2001
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    I tried that, there I can only save as .jpg or .html. Is there something that I have to change with the animation or some of the settings?

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    in "save optimized" or "save optimized as" I get 2 types only... HTML or "image only (.gif)"

I'd say re-install or contact Adobe.

[​IMG]

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Image Ready will make anything a gif if it has been animated.

the image I attached was a 5 layed .psd that I set each layer as a frame then 'save optimized' it as a gif (default setting).

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    doing it like that, yes, but it's also possible to open up ten jpgs and get paste them into layers getting the result he got.

7. Dumfish

Dumfish

Oct 6, 2001
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    Oh, I think I started with a .jpg. I'll try something with a .gif and see if it works.

Thanks guys. I figured it would be something stupid like that.

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    huh? layers == .psd "save optimised" == html for slices or gif for animations.

attached is 8 random jpg's dropped on a new image ready file. I "Save optimised as" as a gif (by default).
    [​IMG]

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    sorry about that... I just couldn't get it to give me the jpg output option.

I made my share of messes ;) but mostly back in the 90's. I started with PhotoShop 2.5 .... I didn't have the internet to search for solutions.