1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Images of Sound

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Kazan, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Kazan

Kazan

Nov 23, 2005
    A while back I ran across some pictures of a G note played on a fretless bass and I forgot to bookmark it . Does any one know where it is ?

2. All the same places it is on a fretted bass! removing the frets makes no odds, and you can always work out where they should be by knowing the notes you get in our musical system.

G's are found -

E string - 3rd and 15th 'fret' or position
    A string - 10th and 22nd
    D string - 5th and 17th
    G String - open, 12th and 24th

If oyou need a picture of where exactly to put your fingers for a G then you are going about it the wrong way, you need to just play and ease yourself into consistent tuning.

I think this may be in the wrong sub-forum!

3. backline112

backline112 Guest

Jun 3, 2008
    What do you mean? Elaborate... A picture of the waves the G note on a fretless makes?

4. Kazan

Kazan

Nov 23, 2005
    Backline 112 ,

Yes , it was a picture representing the sound waves when a G note was plucked . Sort of a mountain range in a color .

I would like to see any pictures like this , if you know of any .

5. I remember seeing a video of an upright before.

6. ah I see, sorry, my above post was way off the mark :)

a mountain range of colour sounds like a spectograph image, maybe search for that?

7. its kinda greenish-yellow with fine bumps. i have Synaesthesia which is what i was thinking this thread was about before i clicked it:hyper:

8. Ten Four One

Ten Four One

Dec 5, 2006
    A frequency response curve? a-la these?

I may be able to create one for you, but I'm not sure what good it would do ya.

9. Kazan

Kazan

Nov 23, 2005
    MarkTAW ,

That would be great , I am interested in seeing the different frequency's that make up the sounds that we think of as a single note from our Basses . The thread that I had seen focused on the G1 note and showed it from a fretless Bass Guitar and compared it to one from a Double Bass .