Immediate Family webinar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by roller, Dec 10, 2020.

1. roller

roller Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I tuned in for the Immediate Family webinar this afternoon on Zoom compliments of the bass department at Berklee. Good stuff... Steve Bailey moderated... decent chatter and history about the band, but Danny Kortchmar Waddy Wachtel stole the show with their superb advice for musicians... just awesome. Victor Wooten and John Patitucci had some great comments as well.

A little too much time was spent plugging Lee Sklar's finger book, t-shirts and other stuff he's peddling. Sklar seemed a little pre-occupied with phone calls and e-mails... but the main reason of why everyone pulled together was solid.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 3.17.15 PM.png

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    GregC and nixdad like this.
  2. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nice!
    What was Denny Tedesco's role in the conversation?

3. roller

roller Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    He's directing the documentary on The Immediate Family.

Previously, he directed the one on The Wrecking Crew.

nixdad likes this.
  4. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gotcha - thanks!
    Yep, very familiar with The Wrecking Crew doc, his Dad, the whole enchilada.;)

5. roller

roller Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    My respect for Kooch and Waddy went up big time today. Those guys have the best attitude on music and life.

nixdad likes this.
  6. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I need to check it out. Thanks for posting!

Low8 likes this.
  7. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Where can one go to watch a replay of this? Anyone have a link? Thanks in advance.

8. roller

roller Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    A few minutes ago, I received the follow-up e-mail that was sent to attendees which stated an edited copy of yesterday's webinar will eventually be made available on the Facebook page for the Berklee bass department.

I'm not on Facebook (and don't plan to ever go there)... but for those who do and are interested, I encourage you to search for a video from the Rocco Prestia tribute the Berklee bass department put together a few months ago. There was a huge turnout for that one... lots of familiar names and faces... everyone chimed in... conversation was really fun.

ErikP.Bass likes this.