Impedance question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by casualmadness, Aug 5, 2020.

1. casualmadness

casualmadness Man About Town Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2005
    So I've done some searching and I think I know the answer but I want to be certain. I have an amp that claims [email protected] or 2.67ohm (the manual shows both impedance levels at 800w.) I have three 8ohm cabinets, rated 350w each. My understanding is that I can connect all three cabinets and safely run at 2.67ohms. Since there are only two outputs on the amp; my understanding is I can run two cabinets parallel and one series from one of the cabinets. Am I correct?

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Not quite, because running from one cabinet to another is also parallel in the vast majority of cases. Which is what you actually want, so carry on. ;)

turcmic likes this.
  3. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Close. Going from one cab to another is still parallel in almost all cases.

4. casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    Ok, I had to think about that for a second but I understand what you mean. So having two 8ohm cabinets; each connected to the amp, then another 8ohm cabinet connected to one of the cabinets coming from the amp...I['m good to go at 2.67ohm?

5. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Yep, you just have three 8 ohm cabs in parallel. It'd be the same if you daisy chained all three cabs off one amp output too, but personally I would prefer your proposed config.

casualmadness likes this.
  6. casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    Awesome! Thanks you for the input! (pun intended)

Passinwind likes this.
  7. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    Yes and you could daisy chain one more and still be ok.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 21, 2021