Impending NAD and questions re: Fender Bassman Neo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KJMO, Dec 4, 2015.

1. KJMO

KJMO Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2015
    I just bought this:

fender bassman.JPG

First, I'm worried it is a Rumble considering the price? I looked at pics, and this looks wide like the bassman, I hope. I'm also concerned about the health of the speakers, so we'll see about that. Of course, in either case I can probably take it back, but hopefully I won't have to! I wish it was 4ohm, but for the money I think it will work fine, even with just 175 watts.

2. Need more info??? What is it a cab, an amp? Looks like a 115 cab.

3. KJMO

KJMO Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Oh my gosh, of course. It's a fender bassman neo 410, at least as far as GC says. I'm worried it's actually a rumble due to the price and the shipping weight (65lbs). I guess my only reason for posting is to prepare myself for disappointment and because I'm super excited since it appears to have been a great deal. I might keep it even if it's a rumble or the speakers are blown, since I've got 4 ten inch genz benz faital neos from avatar sitting around. If it's a bassman in good shape, I'd leave the gb faitals sitting around ;-) .

4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

IDK, every pic I find the cone color sticks out in pics?
    [​IMG]

5. KJMO

KJMO Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Yeah, I guess that's another possibility, that the speakers could be not original. Another thing I noticed is that the Rumble 410 seems to have the little magnetic cups on the top, so that would suggest "not a rumble".

6. B-string

Could be an exciting day. They have made pricing mistakes before as it varies by store. [Fingers crossed]

7. KJMO

KJMO Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Last week 2 svt210av's popped up for 99.00 each, but I was too late. I would have liked to do the vertical stack thing, but in a way this would be a better deal. The empty cab I was considering on ebay would have cost as much as this, so no matter what, it'll probably work out. Thanks!

B-string likes this.
  8. KJMO

KJMO Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2015
    OK...got it today, and it's a GUITAR cab. Open back. I didn't even consider that possibility, and I can't find anything out about it. Of course, it's going back, but it would be nice to know what it is, b/c afaik it's not a bassman. It's definitely Made in the U.S.A. though.

9. B-string

Dang bum deal. The search goes on.

10. KJMO

KJMO Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Eh, nothing ventured... Do you have any idea what kind of guitar cab it could be? I can't even find a picture that matches it.

11. B-string

Nope, I stopped following the skinny string stuff some time ago. Sorry, no help there.

KJMO likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021