Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

IMPORTANT:Avatar B212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metalbass101, Dec 26, 2004.

1. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    Okay, I decided on this cab and I think I have all the money for it and I'm basiccly ready for this. But before I order this thing to go with my 1001rb-II, I need some questions answerd badly.(And no this isn't my first time asking them.)

1. Is it USA made?

2. $279(price)+(shipping)$42+(castors)$9= Total $330
    Is there any other charges I have to pay?

3. Do they do UPS or FedEx?

4. I tune my bass B,C#,F#,D, can this cab handle it?

5. would you recommend this to me as a first cab?

2. mikeyvr6

mikeyvr6 Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    1. Yes

2. No

3. FedEx

4. Probably

5. Yes

3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    What he said.

4. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    you'll love it, don't worry.

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    kiddo, congrats on the new amp!!! :)

as for the avatar.....my avatar 410 made me some serious bread, i can't see why this cab couldn't do the same for you.

the avatar people are great people and have you and I (the customer) in mind all the time...

6. Hi...I have a Avatar B212 with casters. I bought it new in April 2004.

I need to sell it.
    If you want to save some cash and don't mind used gear, it's yours for $260!

I still have the box Dave shipped it to me in. So, I can use that one.

I will ship whatever is cheapest. Which I believe is USPS.

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Chris

7. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    Ok, thank you NJL, and Chris thats a good offer, but I'm affraid I'm not down with used stuff. I'm not saying it's bad, just not me. But don't worry, used items are just like girls who are TOO shy "If you won't do it, someone else will"
    thats the way to look at it. Ok, does anybody have any slight idea of what the out the d-in the mail price is for this cab?

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    avatar cabs are factory direct - his prices with shipping are on the website

:)

9. boobinga

boobinga

Feb 9, 2001
    Pacific NW
    avatarspeakers.com. Why don't you speak directly with Dave? He's very helpful to those with Qs.

10. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Chris818-I tried PMing you, but your box is full.

11. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    Guess what? I just orderd it. Dave is just as nice as you all said. His comment on how Carvin chooses to use lesser quality Eminence speakers kind of got to me. I didn't expect it at first but he and his company are the real thing. Anyway my new B212 should be here in 3 or 4 days. I will need to go to HomeDepot to get some castors (they were out). But now it's time for me to save up for a new bass and get rid of that crappy Squier P. Atleast now I can have a real cab for the GK to sing through. (We both are getting sick of that combo.)

12. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    good job!

you will be happy with your rig!

a word of advice (this doesn't apply to everyone, though) -
    get an ultra or quick lok stand for your rig (more like a small, heavy duty table that can
    get small when folded up). remember, your ears are on your head, not your knees

:)

i'm happy for you - NOW GET THAT CHECKCARD!! :D ;)