1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Important Desicions!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PeterH, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Musicman Stingray 5 H Natural

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Musicman Stingray 5 H Vintage Sunburst

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Musicman Stingray 5 H 20th Anniv.

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Fender Japan Aerodyne Jazz in Vintage White

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. PeterH

PeterH Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2015
    NY
    So a relative is visiting Japan and I have the opportunity for a NBD. I have the following options:

Musicman Stingray 5 H VS/Nat/20th Anniv.
    Rick 4003 FG (or a knackered Maple glo of unknown date)

I have to make a choice fast, if at all, and at these prices they're a big save. Problem is they're not exactly the things I'm shooting for (Rick Jetglo/Stingray Neck Through Sunburt).... and to be honest I already have a P/J, but it's a fretless Tony Franklin...

Help me TalkBass. You're my only hope.

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Actually, of all those options the Aerodyne strikes me as your best best.

You rarely see one of those in vintage white....especially here in the states. Even if you don't like it you could sell it for a profit or trade up for what you really want if it's a good deal over there.

Other than that do nothing. No need to buy a bass you really don't want just because it's a good deal. Unless, of course, you want to flip it for a profit. (And there's nothing wrong with that either.)

PeterH likes this.
  3. PeterH

PeterH Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2015
    NY
    Welp, I pulled the trigger. I'm getting the Jazz. The musicman I really want is the 5 H Neck through, so unless a 20th anniv. HH comes up I'll save up for that. Thanks for the help guys!