Important for my amp....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Drake, Jun 18, 2001.

1. Hey guys and girls..

I have this amp that I obtained last week... A yamaha b100-115se.

Ok heres the deal... i bought it for 30 dollars canadian and I need to fix it up a bit... For the amp portion I need to replace the volume, tone and EQ pots.... the volume and 3 tones are just regular potentiometers, and the 5 EQ ones are grounded in the center....

volume and tones=M25kOHM A OO C(N)

EQ ones= M50kOHM G ON 6

Does anyone know where to get them and how much i should be looking at paying for these things?

I found similar for 12 bucks canadian, and that is too steep, also if anyone has these in spare or used format and could send em to me, it would save the amp from being a 30 dollar hunk of scrap.........

As for the speaker, does anyone know how much a reconing could run me, or whether or not it is even possible?

The coning part is not as pressing as the part about the controls though, but please respond with any info....

Oh yeah, if I get it working properly I will be recovering the amp in the works in funky carpet, and recovering the grill in a funky grill cloth so yeah, help keep the funk alive....

2. Hey Drake, I see you finally got that amp we were talking about roughly a month ago, congrats!
    I'll see if I have my original owners manual at home, and if it's got any info in there that you could use.
    BTW, did you find out what year it is?

Mike J.
  3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Twelve bucks a pop seems a little steep for pots. Try searching on line.

As for the speaker, order one from Carvin. They are well-made and cost about the same as a re-cone. Probably will sound better than the original. I think that they cost about $70 American.

4. Yeah I did get the amp.... Of course it needs huge work... Of course i found out the guy was not really sure and it is a solid state :p made me mad, but hey 30 bux canadian (pennies american) is nothing to worry about... As for year, I am really not sure, perhaps I should find that out....

The speaker I think I would rather get reconed because my father who is an electronics expert says it is a really good speaker... But yeah if the money is too much I guess i would be getting a new or used one!!!!

Thanks guys....

Still have not found potentiometers that are in my range or liking...