Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Importing speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Feb 2, 2001.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hello talkbass.
    I´m going to buy Bag End speakers. Two S-15D. The problem is they don´t sell these in Sweden. And the closest country that sell them (Norway) wants $900 each. $1800 is a lot of money. BassNorthWest (USA)wants $800 plus $400 for shipping.
    I have never imported on my own and don´t want to make a mistake. How can I find out about duty or taxes that I have to pay? Do I have to pay these? I´m ready to pay $1200 to get my dear bagends but if I will have to pay a lot on duty and taxes I will have to look elsewere.
    Are Bag End available at good prices in UK or another European country?
    What should I think of?
    Please help me so I don´t throw away my money.

2. Speedbird

Speedbird Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2000
    Northern Virginia
    I work for a BIG international airline in the cargo dept. If you prepaid for the speakers I could ship them to your closest interanational airport for much,much less than $400. As for the duty/tariff, that is determined by the country that the goods are imported, so you have to contact your local customs port authority. e-mail me if your interested.
    rgds