1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Impossible to Sing & Play the Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Mar 9, 2010.

1. I suppose this is more directed at the upright players, but I thought it was awesome nonetheless.

It's impossible!!

More funny bass-themed music from the same guy (Jay Leonhart)
    MORE
    (Just check out all the links on the right-hand side)

2. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    I love this video! I saw this a long time ago and it's still great.

3. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    This is my favorite:

4. Haha, both superb. Thanks. :)

5. EdHunter

EdHunter

Jan 14, 2010
    Dublin
    Lemmy
    Phil Lynnott
    Roger Waters
    Suzi Quatro
    Steve Harris (although he doesn't often sing into a mic)

But that said, playing anything and singing is hard unless you can sing easily and naturally

6. Geddy Lee

End thread.

7. Deicide and Slayer come to mind, although there isn't a lot of upright bass there.

8. No mention of Rick Danko....tisk, tisk...

I can sing lead and play bass but i'll be honest...it took *a lot* of work to get to that point.

9. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    GEEEEZZZ...
    No McCartney or Bruce or Entwistle or Wetton or Lake or Lodge or Squire, etc.

X8

10. dhomer

dhomer Commercial User

Apr 9, 2009
    Hickory Corners, MI
    Owner, Gigmaster Soundworks, Auth. greenboy designs builder, MI
    Even if I wasn't playing bass I still can't sing.. If I ever auditioned for "Idol", it would go down as worst on record...

11. I'm the frontman and bassist of my current band, we have this new song that is IMPOSSIBLE for me to put lyrics and sing along to. I've scrapped 3 sets of lyrics already. I'm thinking of rearranging it now and having the lyrics in the parts where I can a single note for 2-3 seconds.

12. You sure about that?

Queen

And there's FAR worse than that. This one just kills me cause they let the guy sing for a whole minute and just openly laugh at him.
    The best part is when he actually leaves the audition and talks to Seacrest.

13. thombo

thombo

Aug 25, 2006
    Denver, CO
    i like how many people missed the original motivation for this post.

14. rosanne

rosanne

Sep 30, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Bass on a plane! Bass on a plane!

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020