Impress?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Osama_Spears, May 19, 2003.

1. Anyone know a good/not so difficult song that I could play/learn and stuff to impress people maybe?

I already can play the star spangled banner..and that ain't cuttin' it...I need a distortion pedal;)

open to any suggestions!

thanks!

2. Day Tripper by the Beatles.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I worked out the melody to the Simpsons' theme years back... it's always good for getting peoples attention.

4. "kiss" by prince

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Tommy the cat....it really isn't as hard as it sounds.

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I once won concert tickets from a radio station for playing the Sienfeld theme - they thought it was impossible and again, it's not as hard as it sounds.

A wise man once said "it must be hard to play because it's bloody hard to listen to......".

7. sambass

sambass

Apr 15, 2003
    MA
    rappers delight always does the trick for me :)

8. Come on, Come Over - Jaco :):)

Me & My Bass Guitar - :p

.. Hmm... What about some Joe Satriani/Stu Hamm pieces?

Or some Yes ... Owner of a Lonely Heart has a cool intro. :)

9. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    any bebop head
    any victor wooten stuff
    recognizeable funk bass lines like brick house, jungle boogie, shining star, etc
    anything classic like zeppelin (over the hills and far away or the lemon song), yes (roundabout), rush (tom sawyer)

best bang for the buck would be the funk stuff though - everyone knows the bassline to jungle boogie ;)

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Psh. Ya right.
    -------------------------------------------------

Rappers Delight

11. I don't think it really impresses anyone, but "Groove is in the Heart" always seem to turn some heads and get some laughs.

The Barney Miller bass line intro is another good one.

12. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    The main riff isn't that hard. Learn how to use your fingering hand as a percussive hit and the rest falls into place. Some of the middle bits are trickier.

13. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, I'm going to share my cheap little riff (yeah...mine:rolleyes: ) Just slap and pop octaves in Em - I,III,IV,V over and over as fast as you can and when they start to look impressed then you change it up and play VII,VI,V,IV - remember to play it as fast as you can and look cool while you do it. Whatever you do, realize that just because you can impress somebody does not mean that you are, or are not good. Find something that impresses yourself.

14. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Anybody remember the "Night Court" bassline...
    Simple yet..memorable.

Courageous Cat & Minute Mouse...one of the best.

The Adam's Family....

Pink Panter....(need I say more)

And the list goes on................

15. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Did we just form an all bass, TV theme cover band?

16. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    YEP!

17. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Learn the entire Super mario bros. theme including undergound(not hard at all) or a pink floyd song like money(again not hard)
    Play that funky music white boy ( if thats the name)
    My name is mud, primus
    DmV, primus (both take time but not insainly hard)
    Tool songs 46&2, H, Sober, Schizm, anything, not hard but everyone knows it and will think they are some kind of feat!

18. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Then I'd like to nominate the FAT ALBERT theme......

19. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    The better tool stuff sounds really complicated and ppl know it man. That could turn some heads. Or maybe I am just too into tool to want to play anything else but 46&2 gets the attention of my class when I use chorus, even though they all like rap.

20. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I didnt know someone already posted the same thing I did but if I knew I could get free tix to a show for playign seinfeld, I'd call like a krazy munkey man. Thats easy as nuggetz man. Seinfeld.