1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Impressed with Peavey Grind 6 BXP NTB!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bardolphus, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Bought this bass about two weeks ago and have since gigged it twice. Was browsing through GC when I saw it up on the wall and thought, that's a good looking bass! Then pulled it down and realized it was a peavey and saw the tag of $469 on it. Played it there and couldn't believe how good it played and what a good sound I got out of it. This is considering that I was looking for something to replace a stolen Modulus Q6SS that I had. Well, two gigs later and I'm still utterly impressed with this bass. I can't believe how low the action on this can go without buzzing. It's just as low or lower than the Modulus was. I have contemplated replacing the pups and electronics with an active setup but for bone stock this thing sounds good. And besides all that, walked out the door with the bass and a case for $420. Not bad I didn't think! :D

2. boing

boing

Feb 15, 2004
    WNC, USA
    I had to reseat a lot of frets on my B-stock, but having done that it plays great. I get a very passable Flea tone through my GK head.

How's the noise level on the pups? I finally got around to cranking my rig and it really brought out the noisiness of electronics. I may still have a grounding problem I haven't found, but everything checks out so far. :meh:

3. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I am also using a GK head - 1001RBII - and love the sound! Frets on mine are fine. I haven't found a problem one with this bass so far! Put new strings on it and it sounds even better! The only thing I have done so far besides the new strings is adjust the action a bit...was a little low after the string change. Other than that...this thing seems perfect! Didn't notice anything abnormal as far as noise from the pickups the last show we played. So, I think I just happened to find a great, cheap bass!

4. Grantrudd

Grantrudd

Jun 26, 2007
    Boston MA
    i just picked one of these up. and i love it. great clear tone, really nice fast neck. great player in all. the only thing i had to do was tweak the truss rods a little bit. i did have to pay full price, but i got a $120 hard case for free. overall i am very happy with this bass!