1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Impressed with the Fender Rumble v3

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by krovx, May 30, 2017.

1. krovx

krovx Thump or Bust Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    I have been out of the loop for awhile, not playing bass as much. I have heard great things about this line and I was at GC today and they had some.

Wow. I couldn't get a bad tone out of the thing. From vintage to hard rock, jazz to slap scoop, it could do it all...tastefully. The overdrive even changed with the different character switches, and wasn't just fizzy blah that many of the built in units sound like to me. I have been looking to play with a few people lately...think I might add a Rumble 500 to my wish list.

For sake of the other side, are there anythings you don't like about it? I was originally shying away from class D micros, but its hard to pass up these little packages. There are so many great products out today, so hard to pick just one. If you had to choose something in the $3-500 range, what are some other options? I have played most major brands. Tried the TC BH250 and preferred the tone shaping flexibility of the rumble. GK is nice. Ampeg is easy. I don't have money for Mesa, but the Subway is awesome along with the Carbines. Carvin is okay, and Markbass sounds good too. The acoustic 300d was there and for the money was very impressive. Was not a fan of the EQ section, although I can appreciate clear designated EQ points.

2. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    In before others -

Cons:

Post only DI (no pre)
    And no Speakon (I can live with this)

3. Zonked

Zonked

Jul 12, 2010
    Los Angeles
    If you like it that's all that matters. Your approval is what counts.

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Linnin and krovx like this.
  5. krovx

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Ill continue there.

Stumbo likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021