Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by malisent, Dec 22, 2005.

1. I was looking for a nice 4 string fretted bass for around 500 $. I went to a local GC and played a few different basses and then one guy gave me a Cort Artisan B4 to play. I have never heard of Cort before this and he insisted that i had to play it. He said that he owns a couple of Fender Jazz and said he keeps comming back to play this one... im sure it was just a sales pitch. when i first played it i was a little skeptical, but it started to grow on me. The tones i could get from it were amazing! there were so many different varieties of sounds that could be produced from it. Im not that great of a slap bass player, but i tried a few of the songs i like to think im decent at, and it sounded so nice with the right setup. It had a nice crisp cold tone to it, but at the same time i could get a warm soothing tone just by changing a few of the eq settings. I dont know about anyone else, but i am very impressed with the Cort Artisan B4. After playing a few different basses in a couple of other shops, i went back and bought the B4. The guy i talked to lowered the price to 520 for the bass and a hard case. I couldnt pass it up, but I can't play it just yet because my parents are considering it a christmas present. sucks to have a nice bass and not be able to play it... :spit: oh well

I attached a pic of the bass...

Attached Files:

2. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    I like the new Corts. The most impressive basses in the several Guitar Centers in my area.
  3. I played an older model Cort A4 the other night. Not bad at all and it had a nice wenge neck, something you don't see much outside of Warwicks. This one had the Mighty Mite pickups. I'd really like to try one of the newer models.
  4. Yea the Bartolini Mk-1 pups are nice. They give a nice sound from the bass... as well as the neck. I wish i could give more specifics about it but seeing as how i havent played it too much. :spit:
  5. Hang tough, you'll be playing it soon enough.

I'm going to check my local music store for one next week. They seem like a whole lotta bass for not a whole lotta money.
  6. westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    My understanding is that the Cort factory in Tianjin China (where your bass probably was built) is the largest in the world, and is producing most of the 'Korean' basses these days. I just purchased a Dean Edge fretless ($305) which I suspect is from that factory, and keep trying to find fault with it... but it's hard. I've set the action low, and the neck seems perfect. The pups might be a bit better, but they are pretty good. The tuners seem fine as do all the bridge string adjustments. The woodwork is perfect. Maybe the wood quality can improve, but I can't tell from looking. In short, it's not all that different from a boutique bass. Just shows you what mass production with top-notch CNC tools, and tight quality control can do for you.
  7. Corts are seriously good basses.