1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Impressive car. How fast have you ever been?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rumzini, Mar 8, 2008.

1. My old car, a stock '95 Saturn SL1, has a limiter at 110, I ran it up to there and then sustained 105ish for about 3 miles. A few days later I got a ticket doing 103, that sucked. I haven't taken my new car above 85, cause I can't afford the ticket.

2. 175 plus on the Busa was a breeze. 90 in an Alison bass boat is truly terrifying. :eek:

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Score...a direct hit!;)

4. I was in a wake boarding boat when it was doing 75 mph and I was scared out of my mind. Luckily no one was wake boarding at the time, although my one friend wanted to try it at that speed.

lowsound

5. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    136 in a 67 GTO.

Took less than 10 seconds to get there.

6. I have several friends that barefoot. They are crazy. It must have taken one hell of a boat to pull you 75mph on a wake board. I don't think their 400hp crossover boats will go that fast :eek:

7. No one was actually wake boarding at the time we were doing 75. I think the fastest that we got going while someone was wake boarding was 35 or 40 when my buddy wiped out. Knocked his board right off of him and gave him a concussion. We road our motorcycles the 300 miles back home an hour later. That was when I hit the 115 on my ninja 250. That was a fast trip home.

lowsound

8. I cannot imagine skiing behind a boat going anymore than 40, after that I would be pooing myself. If you fell while going as fast as they were going in that video you would die. It would be like hitting cement.

lowsound

9. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I've done about 80 in my Duster. I've gone a little faster in the Camry (oh, high school :().

Lowsound: For the most part modern speedometers are pretty accurate. I don't know what your experience has been but I've checked mine using GPS and it's usually dead on. In my old car the speedometer is off because it has a new rear end, but it's predictable...

10. I guess everything that I have ever double checked with a GPS had after market work done on it. Mainly bikes and sprocket changes. Which will really mess up a speedometer.

lowsound

11. 160km/hr.... in a Toyota Tarago :p

12. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog

Feb 25, 2007
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Guess again.

Bugatti Veyron eater --> Clicky

13. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Read my post - carefully. There is already a car which has a certified (ie not hypothetical like the Barabus) top speed higher than the Veyron. They are still nowhere near as impressive as an overall design feat as they don't combine everything that the Veyron does (handling, luxury, drive ability at low speeds, etc)

14. Warfrat73

Warfrat73

Nov 18, 2007
    Milwaukee
    About 115 mph on my '77 Suzuki GS 750 (about 125 on the speedo). That was 2 years ago, and I was thinking "man I hope none of those 29 year old parts decide to give out today."

15. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Ya know. The car is cool and all. However... It seems to me there are just to many cars with this body styling. It reminds me of the McClaren with higher front fenders...just a lil flare out and swooshy. I dunno...it's just me I suppose.

16. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Am I the only one that thinks the Bugatti grill looks like an Edsel? :eyebrow:
    Bugatti
    [​IMG]
    Edsel
    [​IMG]

17. 250km/h (about 155mph) in a Mercedes S-class taxi on the autobahn in Germany, coming out of Berlin airport.

The thing is, you didn't notice how fast you were going really, since the Merc kinda insulates you from it, but looking outside and seeing how fast everything is going by, including other cars doing 70mph, is pretty damn scary! Didn't help that the cab driver was a lunatic who hardly watched the road and spent all his time talking to us about beer and laughing really loudly!

18. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I used to race karts. The last class I raced was the 125cc shifter class. 40+HP, 6 speed gearbox, standing start like F1. If you think you can drive quick then try doing it in something like this with 15-20 karts all trying to get to the front. Better that than doing it on the roads. I've been 120 MPH in a shifter which feels even quicker when you screw up but the best adrenalin rushes I have ever experienced. After a few big scares and running out of money I gave it up.

Kartforsale002.

19. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    '03 Lamborghini Murciélago, 170mph on I95 southbound through Fellsmere around 5AM.

I was not driving.