1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Improv Quintet

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Xanaptabil, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Xanaptabil

Xanaptabil

Jul 18, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    *Update*
    Hey, my name is Ian.

I believe the stuff my quintet is producing at random is some of the coolest stuff I have heard. I am a big fan of Ornette's Double Quartet and Miles and I think all who dig that vibe will dig this too.

All improv,
    http://www.kiefo.com/Improv.mp3 (Thanks Kief)
    or
    www.angelfire.com/mac/forlife/Improv.mp3

I am very psyched about what comes out of this group, what do you all think? Sometimes I feel like we are getting near the frontline, you know?
    Thanks for anyone that gives it a listen,
    Peace,
    Ian

2. Ian,
    they sounded pretty good, i liked everything, but i think you should change around the bass more often, like in the first improv song, you played pretty much the same bassline the whole time...i think you should move around a little more...otherwise good...i like the keys and the guitar parts!

3. Xanaptabil

Xanaptabil

Jul 18, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks bro. Yes, my crew are very original musicians. I was very fortunate to find them. Most other cats I meet aren't comfortable just using their ears.

4. Xanaptabil

Xanaptabil

Jul 18, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    *Bump* Hmm, too esoteric?

5. Er...

Truth be told, I had to skip the first seven minutes... I was starting to transcend time and space (I was bored).

The last three minutes were pretty cool when it seemed a bit more energy was being exerted, but in all... it lacked motion.