1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Improvement advice

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by No_Fingures, Apr 8, 2004.

1. No_Fingures

No_Fingures

Jun 17, 2002
    Boston Ma
    Hey my band recorded a little but back...and i was wondering if ya guys and gals could give me some constructive critisism on my playing..... or on the songs structure... Arcade of Sophistry is the only one i wrote out of the 3.
    well thanks
    here ya go
    www.purevolume.com/sonicscape

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Those are different. What do you call that? :D

One thing I am noticing listening to the first song, the slap section in the chorus harmony is really, really annoying; like it doesn't flow with the song. It seems like you slapped just because you could instead because it fit the song.

Second Song- All I can say is no more coffee for the guitar player. :D

Third Song - Liked this one alot until the weird chorus or whatever :D

One thing I have noticed in all the clips is you have a very good tone, tons of bottom with no boom. Also the sound on the clips is very good, did you do this in a home studio. Good playing, not music that I would listen to regularly but seems very original.

Punk/Funk/Metal/Thrash/whatever.

3. No_Fingures

No_Fingures

Jun 17, 2002
    Boston Ma
    We did this at a studio of a friend of a friend of the guitarist. Thanks for the pionters... first kinda start out with the slap line mostly why its their.... i will re think that one though...