Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Improvement advice

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by No_Fingures, Apr 8, 2004.

1. No_Fingures

No_Fingures

Jun 17, 2002
    Boston Ma
    Hey my band recorded a little but back...and i was wondering if ya guys and gals could give me some constructive critisism on my playing..... or on the songs structure... Arcade of Sophistry is the only one i wrote out of the 3.
    well thanks
    here ya go
    www.purevolume.com/sonicscape

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Those are different. What do you call that? :D

One thing I am noticing listening to the first song, the slap section in the chorus harmony is really, really annoying; like it doesn't flow with the song. It seems like you slapped just because you could instead because it fit the song.

Second Song- All I can say is no more coffee for the guitar player. :D

Third Song - Liked this one alot until the weird chorus or whatever :D

One thing I have noticed in all the clips is you have a very good tone, tons of bottom with no boom. Also the sound on the clips is very good, did you do this in a home studio. Good playing, not music that I would listen to regularly but seems very original.

Punk/Funk/Metal/Thrash/whatever.

3. No_Fingures

No_Fingures

Jun 17, 2002
    Boston Ma
    We did this at a studio of a friend of a friend of the guitarist. Thanks for the pionters... first kinda start out with the slap line mostly why its their.... i will re think that one though...