1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Improvement tips?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by charic, Dec 11, 2006.

1. charic

charic

Apr 17, 2006
    Cambridge
    Ok ive set myself a goal.. (not an easy one in my opinion, but i like challenges). Im looking at trying to play maxwell murder :smug: but its proving a fair ol challenge. Ive been blitzing through rancids basslines alot lately but i still cant get close to that particular one.

So my question, does anyone have any tips on trying to play that particular song? Or tips to accomodate for his playing style? Or tips in general. And btw i dont want pg tips cheers :D

Rik

2. MistaMarko

MistaMarko Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2006
    USA
    Practice.

3. charic

charic

Apr 17, 2006
    Cambridge
    Yups i do plenty of that, bout 5 hours a day lol :bassist:

4. Have you trawled youtube to find soemone play the same song ? I find it helps to give a very general idea of how it should be played. Unfortunatly it is finding a video of someone playing it well that could be a probelm :) I also think a pick is used however if your anything like me you prbably don't like using them

5. charic

charic

Apr 17, 2006
    Cambridge
    Lol ive got a gr8 tab of the song, powertab all the way! Love this program i owe it a lot tbh. So i know how its played, i just meant style wise and i can only seem to find a vid of him doing it.