Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Improving a Berg HT112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NeedMoreBass, Oct 8, 2003.

1. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    I recently ran across this product Acoustic Bassline Refinement(link below) and installed it in my Berg HT112. WOW!!! I highly recommend this. A couple of weeks ago I bought the Gramma Pad and these 2 products together make my Berg's sound UNREAL!! Much tighter low end, improved midrange. Both the Gramma Pad and the Acoustic Bassline will make huge improvements in the performance of any cab.
    http://www.basslinear.com/

:bassist:

2. Interesting...
    What does our Bergs have in them, the fiberglass?
    I know the Gramma works wonders. Did you check with MR. Berg before modifying the cab? I was thinking more on a warranty issue by that question.

3. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
    The Berg's have fiberglass. I did not call Jim Berg. I have 2 cabs so I modified one and A/B'd the two and the difference was remarkable.

The instructions for the Basslines material says to install on all sides and the back. I tried that(using double stick tape so I could remove it if desired) and was not happy with the results. So I removed some of the panels leaving only where the original fiberglass material was installed. That's where it really shined. Bottom line, I recommend only replacing the areas where existing fiberglass material may exist.

4. So I take it you reinstalled with the glue and plan on doing your other cab. Keep us posted, and thanks.

5. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
    Right now I have them installed with double stick carpet tape so they're pretty secure. I will glue and do the second cab soon.

6. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Intriguing stuff. I wonder if this would be a relatively low-cost way to upgrade low-end cabs as well (Avatar comes to mind, for example). Hmmm...

7. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
    I believe it will improve ANY cab!!!

8. BassTerd

BassTerd Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Has anyone else tried the basslinear stuff on there cabs? I was thinking about trying this out on my Berg 2X10 and on my studio monitors.

9. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
    chingon,
    I been A/Bing my 2 Berg HT112's (one with the new lining material and one still original) and I'm convinced that the new lining material is the way to go. I think if you had to buy one product between the Acoustic Bassline and the Gramma Pad, I'll have to lean towards the Acoustic Bassline. The cab has a tighter, more focused low end, better mids. Why bass cab manufacturer's are not using this stuff is beyond me.:confused:

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    for you fellow avatar people, i just emailed Dave to see what he thinks.

:)

11. BassTerd

BassTerd Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I emailed mr. bergantino about this crap and he said it may help and it wouldnt void my warranty. I am a little skeptical about this crap. The site doesnt offer any type of evidence on why this crap works. THe stuff looks like redesigned egg crate and they dont tell what this crap is made of that makes it so special. But then again theres a money back gaurantee and mayber I'll try it just for the hell of it.

12. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
    You obviously did not read everything on the site because every question you ask about this "crap" is answered.:meh:

13. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    you need to tone down your "crap"

:rolleyes: