1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Improving Sound From Hohner Acoustic/Elect.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Robert Spencer, Sep 28, 2010.

1. I have a Hohner Model # TWP 600B which seems to be a well made & solid foundation from which to improve upon. Problem is that I`m not happy with its performance. The note volume comes out very uneven and the G is much louder than anything else both in the third and fifth fret which is a real problem because i play in G most of the time doing Bluegrass Gospel numbers in the church praise & worship band.
    Is it practical to upgrade electronics to remedy this sort of problem? I also have an Hohner HAB-40 which is a different neck & body but I suspect uses the same electronics because they both sound the same in about all respects.
    If this is doable is it something that can be user friendly to perform. Thanks & take care. Bob

2. I`m still in hope that someone may be able to give advise needed to improve the electronics/sound of my instrument. I`m willing to invest time & expense required to make it sound more uniform in volume and acheive more tonal control as well.
    I hate to see any post go unanswered, (especially my own). If i have posted to an incorrect forum please advise and I will persue the issue in an appropriate location. Thanks again & take care. Bob

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021