Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Improving technique formula thingy?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by fenderboy, Oct 16, 2002.

1. fenderboy

fenderboy

Jun 21, 2002
    Ok im just wondering about when i improv is there maybe a little formula to follow to make certain things sound differnt in the scale take c major for instance since its a clean scale. ok like i think the term is quadrad like i could take 1,5,4,6 and make that into a riff. basically im just wanting someone to show me what quadrad make certain differnt sounds like upbeat sad, deep, dark.

-thanks

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    This question makes little (if any) sense. Could you try to rephrase it? If so, someone might be able to help. Also, if English is not your native language, it would be useful to put that in your profile somewhere so folks will know to help you formulate your questions. Good luck.

3. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Quadrad, like a triad, only 4 notes instead of 3...

FENDI-BOY Are you looking for 4 note scales? You could play around with 1 3 5 6, and 1 b3 5 6 see how those sound. This all of course depends on what you are attempting to play this stuff over i.e. what are the changes to the tune you're improving over.