Improvised practice yours

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Justin V, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I'm just wondering what other TBers might be using for "unique" practice rigs (not just a small amp etc.). Personally, I've been using my laptop into my Pocket Rockit in my dorm as of late. It's also fun for me to take the setup outside and practice in the woods or as I'm sitting on the lawn in front of my dorm. I still need to try practicing at the beach though, maybe this week.
  2. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I have been playing through my Fostex recorder lately. I can usually get a nice tone. It also has a few of effects I like to play with.
  3. Behringer v-amp2 into the computer. I never use an amp at home.
  4. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I have but don't often use a folio spirit mixer into my stereo. might start using it again because my rigs been staying at church since hurting my back :(
  5. witness

witness Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    I've been using a pioneer stereo set (SPEC-1&4 series)that I bought in Germany back 1981 while I was in the military. This thing is amazing, it actually sound better than any amp that I've ever owned. All the components are separate, it's got about 8 pieces to it, still rocks after these many years.
  6. Right now I'm using a combo for live and rehearsal but Ive used my Logitech computer speakers which sound surprisingly good, up to a certain volume. I use to play through my stereo by plugging into the VCR mono in.Plugging headphones into a Zoom works as well.Of course these don't work if your rehearsing with a drummer:meh:
  7. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    Lately my practice rig has been Sansamp ADI into a Behringer 4 channel mixer in chanel 1, Drum machine in channel 2, CD player into Tape-in, sometimes with my Minidisk recorder from Tape-out. If I am working up a vocal part, I'll plug my mic in channel 1 and use the 1/4 out from my Sansamp into channel 3. I monitor with my old Senheiser headphones.

It's got that kind of mad scientist, cords everywhere, Heathkit, kind of vibe about it. Especially, if you add a stomp box or two to the mix. Usually I get to sit down with my bass about 10PM when the kids are finally in bed.
  8. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Behringer Bass V-Pro > Behringer MDX2200 Compressor > Sony Sony MDM X4 MiniDisk Multitracker > Sony MDR7506 headphones
  9. Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    For band practice I use a GK 400RB through a PoC cheap-o monitor from e-bay. I disconnected the tweeter. The driver is a twelve.