Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Impulse buy, now what to do with it

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ChaosGwar, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Bid on this at Yahoo auctions, and with the clock ticking, it looks like I'm gonna win it.

Now the question is, what should I do with it? :D

I thought about getting a short scale bass neck, and making a franken short scale bass. A regular neck would have neck dive from hell.

I'm not a geetareest, so slapping a guitar neck with guitar pups is out of the question too.

I'm thinking, get the router out, widen the neck pup slot to fit a jazz single coil, route the mid body slot for a humbucker, and maybe another jazz pup where the bridge space is. Yesh it goes through the body, but I'd fit some wood in there to fill that gap. Then get a custom control cover, and be good to go.

Whadya think?

here are the pics

front
    [​IMG]

back
    [​IMG]

Holy Cow! The pics weren't that big on the auction page!

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I like the idea of the short scale bass neck, but I know I'd be uncomfortable with it. I mean, short scale makes me feel like I'm in a straight-jacket ;), and when I put on a guitar...whooowee hehe...even worse...But hey, if you like it, cool. Keep postin' pics as you go...I wanna see how this thing turns out....

3. I'm not too big on short scale basses either. I've had a little GAS for one for awhile, just to mess around on, and maybe take to work.

I'll post more pics when I figure out what my plan is for it. I've got other projects on the shelf in front of it at the moment. It may be another year til I get around to working with it. :rolleyes:

Why I do this to myself I'll never know. :D

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Well, you know, if you need someone else to take a few away, I'm always here ;) hehehe