1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Impulse buy? ...So I bought this Stingray 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ale_vanlager, May 3, 2005.

1. ale_vanlager

ale_vanlager

Jun 30, 2004
    Buffalo NY
    Here goes my rambling....

I'm in need of a 5-string bass for a project and was looking online for my options after trying to trade my Warwick corvette standard 6 to no avail. I saw a used SR5 on BassNW but when I called it had been sold. So... the guy gave me a good price on a new Stingray 5 "Sapphire Black/Rosewood". I didn't gave much tought to it and bought it. I remember playing one a long while back and it was nice, but other than that, I have no recent experience with the SR5.
    I've been playing a Warwick Streamer 6 and a Corvette Proline 6, both of which I love (nice fast maple neck, as opposed to recent warwicks with that ovangkol baseball bat, but I digress). So I started playing in this new project and the singer digs my sound, but he's looking for a more "aggresive rock looking" bass.
    So after all my rambling, the question is: Was that a good choice? How does the SR5 compares sonically to a warwick?
    Thanks in advance for your comments

BTW: Anyone interested in a nice Warwick Corvette Standard 6?

2. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Good choice. A SR5 is a great instrument. You couldn't have made a better choice.

Any pics yet? :)

3. ale_vanlager

ale_vanlager

Jun 30, 2004
    Buffalo NY