1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

In a blink of an eye, I am homeless once again.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    So I am moving to San Francisco, right? Wrong. I've been working like mad to establish a place to live over the phone and internet, so I have a place to move in immediatley when I arrive. I find a cool roomie on roommates.com, it's a big house in S.SF, big room, garage, the whole nine yards for $700. We chat, everything is cool, so I send her a check for $1550 to secure the place for my August 11th move. Relax and wait till Monday.

Well, the next day she sends me an email saying I can't move in. Apparently the property manager (she's leasing to own the place), says she cannot have roommates. And I've already told tons of people I have already found a room, so I don't need their help anymore. Ouch. Stop payment on the check, and now I'm back to square one. This sucks.

Just a sad story to brighten your day.:rolleyes:

2. That sucks. Just go live at a library for a while. You'll be able to get a lot of reading done.;)

3. I haven't been to a library in years.... Sorry bass, good luck to ya.

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Things are looking up for me again. The girl called and said "she went to war" with her property manager, and now I am back in! Woohoo! San Francisco, here I come!

5. Didn't you already stop payment on the downpayment check? Hopefully, your new landlady will understand...

6. Too bad I don't have a basement...

Good luck finding an apartment man...check everywhere!

-Jon:oops:

EDIT: Just read you're back in...congrats. Dude...if she is hot and awsome,back away from her...a girlfriend room-mate is not a good thing;)

-Jon:oops:

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My uncle used to live in a post office.