Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

In a blink of an eye, I am homeless once again.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    So I am moving to San Francisco, right? Wrong. I've been working like mad to establish a place to live over the phone and internet, so I have a place to move in immediatley when I arrive. I find a cool roomie on roommates.com, it's a big house in S.SF, big room, garage, the whole nine yards for $700. We chat, everything is cool, so I send her a check for $1550 to secure the place for my August 11th move. Relax and wait till Monday.

Well, the next day she sends me an email saying I can't move in. Apparently the property manager (she's leasing to own the place), says she cannot have roommates. And I've already told tons of people I have already found a room, so I don't need their help anymore. Ouch. Stop payment on the check, and now I'm back to square one. This sucks.

Just a sad story to brighten your day.:rolleyes:

2. That sucks. Just go live at a library for a while. You'll be able to get a lot of reading done.;)

3. I haven't been to a library in years.... Sorry bass, good luck to ya.

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Things are looking up for me again. The girl called and said "she went to war" with her property manager, and now I am back in! Woohoo! San Francisco, here I come!

5. Didn't you already stop payment on the downpayment check? Hopefully, your new landlady will understand...

6. Too bad I don't have a basement...

Good luck finding an apartment man...check everywhere!

-Jon:oops:

EDIT: Just read you're back in...congrats. Dude...if she is hot and awsome,back away from her...a girlfriend room-mate is not a good thing;)

-Jon:oops:

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My uncle used to live in a post office.