First, let me say thanks in advance for any suggestions / advice you can passon, Ive learned a ton from TB but Im really puzzled. 2 days ago I was playing my MIK Fender Jazz (active pu's), that I bought from GC exactly a year ago, with no problems until now. While playing, the bass went dead, no problem I thought...needs a new 9v battery, I bought a new battery the next day but no chance to play. Yesterday, forgetting all about the battery, I started to play for about 20 minutes, took a bathroom break, picked up the bass.....NOTHING! OOh, I forgot about the new battery! Put that one in and still NOTHING! I checked the amp/cord with other basses, and they work fine. The old battery and the new battery are good as tested by licking (ouch!) and placing in other toys. What could have happened? This is a very low abuse bass but its my main player, my best sounder and Im freaked! I checked under the back cover plate for a loose wire or.....something but everything seems secure. Also the pu's are bass lines, if that matters. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again and rock on!