Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

in a thoroughly good mood today

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by ga_edwards, Oct 19, 2003.

1. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    My new band (The Clive Murray Band, of whom i am the bassist) played last night at the Cordford Club in the UK (Cornford club is run by Paul Corford of Corford amps fame). We were supporting the superb Rob Balducci, incredible rock instrumentalist, signed to Steve Vai's favoured nations label. We also played with him at Jemfest last week. Any way, we played a blinder of a gig (with a stand in drummer who we met only 3 hours before the gig, who played from charts he made up a couple of days before hand, huge kudos to him). We went down really well, and Rob himself said that he loved my tone!!!!!. Egad!!!. Now that may not mean much to most people, but Rob has got quite a name for himself, and for me to be told that by someone of his stature, is possibly the greatest complement I've ever had.

If only Steve Vai himself could hear us and make the same comments....

Greg

2. Congrats on a great gig !!!:hyper:

What a treat to play instrumental music... hope I find my way there eventually. :)

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hmmm, He liked your tone, but he didn't make mention of your playing? :smug:

Cool beans man.

4. Small world...beacause I was supposed to have gone to that gig with some mates, but, I had other things come up last minute, but, my friends went...They loved it...Congrats man!