1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

In and out of love with your gear - Aguilar DB359

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matti777, Oct 11, 2013.

1. matti777

matti777

Dec 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Canada
    Its funny how things change. I bought a GK MB Fusion 500 amp last year to replace my DB359 which is heavy thinking I would be hauling this stuff around. Although I have tried to sell the DB359 a few times I have had no success. Its heavy and I live in Canada so shipping is expensive and nobody in this town wants to buy used bass gear. I guess they have money to buy new or none at all :) Heavy tube heads aren't exactly popular either. Anyway, I haul this head upstairs and set-up in my living room in case anybody wants to try it out. I haven't used this amp for months. I plug in my '57 AVRI P (which was for sale - neck is kinda big for me) and I am totally loving the tone and nuances. The better acoustics upstairs helped here too. I don't think I can part with either even though a used Sadowsky P is on the way. Does everybody fall out of love with their gear or kick it to the side only to rediscover it again?

2. rolandm

rolandm In search of the lowest note.

Aug 8, 2010
    Peoria, IL
    Continually. That's why I have 7 basses, three amps and 3 different cab configurations. But the upside is, I can work a rock gig, blues gig, acoustic gig, etc., and have pretty much the appropriate gear for it.

3. enricogaletta

enricogaletta

May 21, 2011
    Nice question ;-)
    In my opinion probably, it depends from how often and in which way do you use your gear.
    I think after, a good experience with several instruments, (bass and amps) you finally find your main tools, the other become just pieces of collection or you'll keep
    because you can need it for different tone or work contest.
    It happened to me too sometime, to fall in love again with some gear I didn't use for a while and fortunately I didn't sell it.
    Other times I just find out that there is a reason why I don't play some stuff anymore and I decide to go ahead with the sell.
    Anyway that Aguilar sounds pretty good ;-)
    Cheers.

www.enricogaletta.com
    on youtube
    on twitter
    study with me

4. DJJazzV

DJJazzV Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir... Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    The DB359 can do that. I use a little GK MB200 for home practice, but I fire up the DB359 every once in a while for reminders. I brought it to the last band practice. It was awkward to carry and a little heavy carrying up and down stairs, but the tone was just so good. Everything sounded so thick and clear.

5. Mitchthebassplayer

Mitchthebassplayer

Jan 7, 2008
    Queens, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Olinto, La Bella, JuleAmps, Epifani
    I'll buy that 359 from you! How much is shipping to NYC? :)

6. GigJones

GigJones

Jun 10, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    I hear you brother. I’ve got a GK 1001RB-II that I’ve put on Craig’s List multiple times and pulled it off within days.
    I don’t use it for months and then I plug it in to practise or use it at rehearsal and wonder “why I am I trying to sell this thing?”

I can't explain it.