1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

In appreciation of Robin Wright Penn

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wilser, Sep 25, 2008.

1. I don't know about you, but I consider her one of the great modern american actresses!

Forrest Gump is just the tip of the iceberg. Her work on The Pledge, Virgin and Sorry, Haters is just AMAZING. All of these films show very distinctive characters and flawless performances. She's not like DeNiro and Holly Hunter which only have one character, one performance, she's as versatile as Johnny Depp and right up there with other chameleons like Brad Pitt.

2. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    But... she is married to Sean Penn... therefore...

...FAIL!!

:p

3. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I quite liked her in The Princess Bride.

4. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    ...and she was in that soap opera "santa barbara." :p

5. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    :rollno:

Get yourself reacquainted with DeNiro before you say such terrible things. He was one of the best actors that has ever been, before he stopped trying and started doing crap films for big money.

6. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have no problem with her as an actress, although I do have a rather humorous, slap your forehead story about her:

My uncle is a plumber in and around Bristol, ME, in which the township of New Harbor is located. New Harbor, and the restaraunt Shaw's Wharf (great spot, btw) is the location that the bar scenes of Message in a Bottle were filmed. So Robin Wright and Mr. Penn, along with their baby, had a trailer set up while they were filming somewhere in that vacinity.

At one point, my uncle gets a call to check out the toilet in their trailer, because it's backed up and not functioning. Apparently, the lovely mother had been flushing her child's dirty diapers down her trailer's toilet! Now I'm no parent, but even I would assume that that isn't such a good idea.

Ok, so she made a mistake. We learn from our mistakes, and move on; that's how we grow. But wait! My uncle got called back, a week later or so, for the same thing! Yes, that's right, dirty diapers down the can again. Tsk tsk...

I think third time was a charm; it only happened twice. She got it after that.

:scowl: :D

7. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    That's funny, dude, especially because my great-aunt's house is the one that's used for the painting studio/home in Message In A Bottle.

Small world, I guess.

8. Phantopeth

Phantopeth

Jan 10, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hah, that is interesting, where was that located?

9. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold it right there! Now I like her, and she's a good actress, but did you just place her above DeNiro?:eek::eyebrow: Dude, seriously, you need to go back and check his resume sometime.

10. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Popham Beach, Maine.

11. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I appreciate Ms. Wright-Penn, but everyone in "Gump" should have had their SAG cards revoked.

12. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    +1. :)

13. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Not Gary Sinise. I thought he was out-friggin'-standing in "Gump".