Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

In case anyone is looking for an Incase...(slim)!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wilbyman, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    FYI

I was hunting for an Incase slim bag as you guys may recall...my timing must have been right, because Brian B. (thelowend.net) has a few left. I guess he was keeping some Slim bags around for his Benavente's in stock, but evidently the Benavente's are now coming in custom (I think leather?) bags. Lucky for me. If you want/need a slim I would get on the stick and holler at him. These might be the only new ones left anywhere.

2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    yea, I do have about 4 or 5 Slim bags. They were original cases with the New Benavente's, but we just got our New Leather Benavente and LowEnd bags in so we have a few Incases free up.

Thanks

3. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    But no Dubs left, I take it...

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    I don't but I did have a guy just contact me that has a DUB and is considering selling it and getting one of two slims.

Maybe you can hunt him down...... ;)

Brian

5. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I'd just have to buy another bass to put in it. :rolleyes:

6. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    ye, I know how tuff that is :D

7. Tfunked

Tfunked

Dec 30, 2003
    Hey Brian,

What brand are the new bags that you are stocking?

8. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    We had Custom Leather thick padded bags made. They come in various color and type leathers. I have a few Nubuck's coming for the LowEnd bags. Heres a couple of the Benavente's and the strap are padded 3.5 inch leather straps that are killer.

I'll have the LowEnd bags in next week and have pictures up as well.

Also look out for the doubles very sood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. W.... you are the man! The slim case is the best case I've ever owned. I just purchased another from Brian. Thanks for the tip.

By the way, I had a DUB bag (since I liked the single slim so much) but REALLY didn't like it and sold it a while back. It's very large, heavy, has that overdesigned backpack system like the tour bag, and was hard to use... you had to remove the 'top' bass to get to the bottom one, and when you opened the case while it was flat on the ground, the top bass could actually slip out of the bag. So, I wouldn't recommend that. If anyone is looking for a double bag, Fodera has a new model with two separately zippered compartments which works great.

10. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I lightened Brian's load by one, as well. :)

I also have the Dub and a Tour, but will probably sell the Tour now that I have a Slim. The backpack system (piggyback removable) is very cool, but I probably won't use it much, so I'd imagine it'll sit while I use the Slim.

I personally totally love my Dub. Never had a bass slide out of the top, don't mind the fact you gotta remove the top to get to the bottom, 'cause the reason I brought both, is 'cause I'm using both. Mostly don't use the backback harness, so that's a non-issue to me. Mainly, it's the most compact double case with that high of a quality of protection I've ever seen.

11. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I'm glad to find another as well.

The leather bags look great too!